LEAKY FRONT WINDOW

Aug 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi All, I have a bailey Ranger 6 berth and recently water has started to come in through the gap in the seal at the centre point of the window on the inside. It seems that with heavy rain the water is being pulled upwards ( Capillary Action) ansd then creeps along the inside seal and pools at the window catch and drops onto the frame on the inside. I cant understand it as recently we pitched near the sea and got full force wind and rain and not a drop got in. Is that due to the angle the caravan is sitting on its legs etc.. I tried running silicone along the top of the window frame. It did not work. Im going to try bridge the gap in the rubber seal with silicone and failing that cutting the rubber just before the point of entry of the water or boring a hole to allow the water to escape etc. all ideas and suggestions welcome

May 7, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be a problem with the seal. Has the window been opened and the seal disturbed resulting in it moving slightly or is it damaged or perished. The angle of the caravan should not make any difference. There should not be a gap at the top, the two ends should be hard against each other and if they are not the seal may need reseating or replacing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts