leaky spout

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I have what appears to be a non standard spout fitted to a reich kama tap, see pics.
http://imgur.com/gallery/Kjrx6/new

I suspect there shouldn't be a gap where the spout connects to it, that it should be flush against the tap body. The spout is stuck in this position and doesn't really want to move in or out. Anyway, there is a leak from this spout, which i need to fix obviously. The leak is a bit more than the single drop in the picture.

This spout doesn't look like the correct one for the tap, not according to brochure pictures I've seen. Can someone confirm this please?

Also, it appears to be tightly wedged / jammed in. If I get a replacement spout, like this,
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Reich-Replacement-Chrome-Spout-for-Twist-Taps-F227-/161515966008?hash=item259b1a0e38:m:myNIHt3-2gTf3KtSB4Luo4Q

should it just push straight on? Are there O rings required?

Any tricks to taking it off? I'd rather not make a bad situation worse and end up having to get a whole new tap !

Thanks in advance.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have to be honest, it looks like the right part to me. Perhaps its worth checking to see if there is a reason it hasnt pushed in flush, maybe damage on the taper, or there is a washer thats come adrift and is blocking it. My first job would be to remove it and examine the part.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
The new spout end that you are showing in the link is the same as the one i have fitted, there is a small diameter 'O' ring fitted to the base You can see it here on another tap part, the best way i have found to remove the spout is after hot water has been running through and slightly expanded the spout, a good twist and pull will release it ... if the 'O' is split it will allow it to leak as you have found out, a replacement 'O' ring that is too large a diameter will hold the spout off as shown in your photo as it will not squeeze down enough to allow the spout to fit over it and also allow it to leak ..

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I bit the bullet and pulled the spout out. The culprit was a broken O ring. Temporarily fixed with plumbers PTFE tape pending a new o ring. It now pushes in flush and doesn't leak !

Thanks for your help.

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
We also had this issue with out taps ... also Dethleffs caravan. Decided to change taps in both kitchen and bathroom. Nothing worse than leaking taps. Worth it and all perfect now.
Very few Dethleffs about ??? And you're also Irish ??

Kenzo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts