Leaving caravan abroad ie germany.......

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
We are thinking of storing our van abroad, have found a few place in France,but as we want to travel further afield they aren't really best place, ie Normandy burgundy ect ect Been looking for storage in Luxembourg or Germany or even eastern France ie metz onwards would do... Surely there are such places? Any info most appreciated......

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
I live in Germany and have my caravan stored nearby. I can name a couple of sites in the local area (Wiesbaden/Frankfurt).
That would be brilliant Lutz, as I have done countless searches that have brought up nothing on goggle..

I know I am pushing my luck Lutz but do you know of any websites? and/also any places close to the German border area ie with Luxembourg or France. anywhere on those type of lines so as we cross to Calais or Dunkirk, we can pick up the caravan without too much of a divert for the black forest area or across to Austria/Italy.. I know I am being a pain but thanks in advance for any links /help.....

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
That would be brilliant Lutz, as I have done countless searches that have brought up nothing on goggle..

I know I am pushing my luck Lutz but do you know of any websites? and/also any places close to the German border area ie with Luxembourg or France. anywhere on those type of lines so as we cross to Calais or Dunkirk, we can pick up the caravan without too much of a divert for the black forest area or across to Austria/Italy.. I know I am being a pain but thanks in advance for any links /help.....

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The site where I have my caravan is a small private one and they certainly won't have a website. However, I know that they have space available.

The other one close by is a campsite, but it has a storage facility. Their website is http://www.taunuscamp.de/Infos/English/english.html

I think you'll find that most campsites will store if you ask them.

Where I live is very convenient as it's only a couple of minutes away from the junction between the A3 and the A66 motorways.

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks again Lutz,Looked at the area, should have remembered its well placed for the Rhineland. So its a good possibility.I know we are on a forum but any rough ideas as to price per year?

Also know anything about insurance, as I know the caravan club insurance we have will not be any good for this type of venture....

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I pay 140 Euros per annum for the storage of my caravan. The place at Eppstein charges 360 Euros, but that includes up to 12 days full use of the campsite facilities.

I'm sorry but I can't help you regarding insurance because I don't bother to insure my caravan while it's in storage - caravan thefts are almost unknown over here.

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Again thank you Lutz. Two very interesting options and I am now thinking how both have there pro's one being very cheap, so that might counter the expense of how much it might cost for insurance.

The sort of insurance i am talking about is not solely to do with theft but like fully comp on the car it covers the caravan for all type of eventualities

The other one still quite reasonable if one considers you get to use the site for upto 12 nights..

I did have you email address but what with the changes i have made computer and server, and I believe you might still have mine[forget that its my old address] as I am interested in the site you use but to discuss its location ect ect on a open site might not be too wise.

So if moderators are reading this, I am happy for Lutz to have my email details.

TRENDING THREADS