LED Flagpoles for Caravan sites

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
At one of our visited sites last week we noticed a caravan which had a very modest flagpole rising from the ground / or attached to hitch, about 5-6m high

They had a lovely set of LED lights slowly moving upwards and our 9 year old son and 13 year old daughter absolutely loved them

So did we in fact, it wasn’t over the top and in your face, it was just a great thing to see at night

Has anyone actually found a website (or purchased) who supplies these in complete form? Are there flagpoles which already have the LED’s in them when extended

There was also a flag at the top with ‘It’s Five O-Clock Somewhere’

Before anyone comments, yes I know I could do it myself, but wonder if there is actual caravan/camping flagpoles :giggle:

Or is this just getting tacky and everyone hates them?

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
The strips of lights are available on the likes of eBay and Amazon. Ditto for the flag poles.
Then just require a suitable length of cable to hook up to the battery.
Large selection of flags available from the same sources.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I much prefer enjoying dark skies and watching nature’s ‘decorations’ twinkling.
I agree as all you are doing is displaying the lights for everyone else to see while you are sitting inside the caravan. I agree they do look nice initially on other people's caravan, but are you going to stare at them all night long.

Caravan is for relaxing and not having the faff of erecting displays for the benefit of other people or to be one up. As bad as having flag poles, however for special occasions I can understand the waving of the union flag.

Having lights and flags is definitely a Brit thing as never seen lights or flags displayed by continentals on their caravans. Baaaa! Baaa! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: otherclive
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
At one of our visited sites last week we noticed a caravan which had a very modest flagpole rising from the ground / or attached to hitch, about 5-6m high

They had a lovely set of LED lights slowly moving upwards and our 9 year old son and 13 year old daughter absolutely loved them

So did we in fact, it wasn’t over the top and in your face, it was just a great thing to see at night

Has anyone actually found a website (or purchased) who supplies these in complete form? Are there flagpoles which already have the LED’s in them when extended

Before anyone comments, yes I know I could do it myself, but wonder if there is actual caravan/camping flagpoles :giggle:

Thanks all.
Don't buy one. With your track record it will break and fall on some wee woman walking past your set up with her dog 🐕 and knocking her unconscious.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
For all the people who don't like them, and saying you much prefer the dark sky nights.

The lights around the pole aren't shining out like a Batman beacon, the light only emits from the pole and doesn't shine out to the sky, and the pole is only 5-6m long not 50m :ROFLMAO:

The one thing we also noticed, was it switched off on a timer at 10pm, so as not to annoy anyone after the time

I heard quite a few people at the site mention it was nice seeing something different, and nice to look at, so I suppose it's a bit hit or miss with people.

Reactions: Tux and Hutch
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
As part of my Amazon Review programme I've just got some of these. They're brilliant - pun intended.

I'd never put them outside the tent or caravan but inside the awning maybe. However, they'll probably get use around the house and garden, especially in the winter months and christmas,
Stop ✋️ giving him ideas, he will end up getting fried.

Reactions: Sam Vimes and Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
9 and 13 year olds have notoriously short attention spans and will be so entranced watching the satellite tv channels or on their phones that I don’t think a set of whip lights will even feature in their scope of interests for longer than a few minutes.

Reactions: borderbilly
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
For all the people who don't like them, and saying you much prefer the dark sky nights.

The lights around the pole aren't shining out like a Batman beacon, the light only emits from the pole and doesn't shine out to the sky, and the pole is only 5-6m long not 50m :ROFLMAO:

The one thing we also noticed, was it switched off on a timer at 10pm, so as not to annoy anyone after the time

I heard quite a few people at the site mention it was nice seeing something different, and nice to look at, so I suppose it's a bit hit or miss with people.
The question is why would anyone want to go to the bother of carrying around a flagpole and lights and then the hassle of erecting them at every site they go onto only to find they trip something or other? I am wondering if the light thing that Brits seem to like is a case of being one up on the Jones? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The question is why would anyone want to go to the bother of carrying around a flagpole and lights and then the hassle of erecting them at every site they go onto only to find they trip something or other? I am wondering if the light thing that Brits seem to like is a case of being one up on the Jones? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
On some large sites they are good for children to find the correct caravan quickly.

Reactions: Mr Grumpy
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On some large sites they are good for children to find the correct caravan quickly.
What did they do before people put up lights? Anyway kids should not be wandering around after dark on any campsite. However having said that, probably helps drunks finding the way back to their caravan. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
What did they do before people put up lights? Anyway kids should not be wandering around after dark on any campsite. However having said that, probably helps drunks finding the way back to their caravan. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Who said anything about after dark, ? A, 5/6 metre high flagpole can bee seen above caravans during the day.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Thanks all.
Does it really matter what anyone else thinks? Unless there is site rule forbidding their use, or better still just check with the wardens. The other downside to consider its another thing that's going to eat up more payload capacity, and it will use some power.

You don't need to get our approval for everything, its your caravan, but there is no harm asking.

Reactions: Hutch
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Does it really matter what anyone else thinks? Unless there is site rule forbidding their use, or better still just check with the wardens. The other downside to consider its another thing that's going to eat up more payload capacity, and it will use some power.
It's an aluminum pole with a strip of lights, which would be kept in the car :)

I'll have a think, and yes it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, just asking what the general thoughts are on here regarding it

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Who said anything about after dark, ? A, 5/6 metre high flagpole can bee seen above caravans during the day.
Amongst the hundreds of others? LOL! Anyway they would be too busy looking at their mobile phones to take any notice of poles as they all look the same. :D

When we were kids, it was a case being aware of your surroundings so that you could find your way back to the caravan. No such thing as poles, flags and lights. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Challenger
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
It's an aluminum pole with a strip of lights, which would be kept in the car :)

I'll have a think, and yes it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, just asking what the general thoughts are on here regarding it
Time you load up with all your tat and gizmos it will be time to go home. Ever thought of a artic lorry for your adventures?

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'll have a think, and yes it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, just asking what the general thoughts are on here regarding

That’s a real contradiction in terms. But just go ahead and buy one. Not for me but as BB said “ Each to their own. 😂

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts