LED Light Strip Flickers But Will Not Light Up

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
We have a Swift Eccles 480 and the short length of LED lighting located over the sink has stopped working.
When switched on it flickers a bit but will not light up and stay lit. The strip is about 30cms long with a rocker switch at one end.
Any electricians out there please?
Does it sound as though a complete replacement is required or would a bit of DIY sort it out?
My thanks in advance.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have a Swift Eccles 480 and the short length of LED lighting located over the sink has stopped working.
When switched on it flickers a bit but will not light up and stay lit. The strip is about 30cms long with a rocker switch at one end.
Any electricians out there please?
Does it sound as though a complete replacement is required or would a bit of DIY sort it out?
My thanks in advance.
Probably easier to replace and I don't think they are expensive if they are LED?

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Probably easier to replace and I don't think they are expensive if they are LED?

Totally agree. Especially now I know the issue is not the power supply per se but the switch alone causing the problem. However, the next choice is shown on my pic - maybe a replacement is the answer.

sink light.jpg

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
It it possible that the rocker switch is an off-the-shelf push fit item that you could replace without the cost of the whole unit? You could try 12v rocker switch in google and see if same dimensions available.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
It it possible that the rocker switch is an off-the-shelf push fit item that you could replace without the cost of the whole unit? You could try 12v rocker switch in google and see if same dimensions available.

Rob - You're completely correct. Thanks for the suggestion.

On E-Bay UK and £1.99 for two with free postage. Terminals will need clipping shorter but that's no problem

For anyone else with a similar problem here is the product:-

Mini Black On/Off Rocker Switch Rectangle SPST 12V All Quantities

(Didn't check with Swift for a replacement but I'm sure that would be a tad more than £1.99 delivered)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts