Left indicator not working and left brake light dim

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi
I have a bailey unicorn cordoba 2015 and all lights worked from my BMW x5 last trip.now the left indicator bulb does not work and the left brake light bulb only lights up very dimly. I have changed all the indicator and brake bulbs and a new caravan 13 pin plug which is wired correctly.
When indicating the led side lights flash (but not the rear indicator bulb)but then start rapid flashing and a trailer indicator fault shows on the car dash.
I have plugged in a 13 pin tester from Amazon and the car is all good but not done this with the caravan as it is in storage.
Any ideas ?

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
Here is a picture of the rear of the caravan and the wiring loom which feeds all lights at the rear.
pictures from the web not my van or loom.
The black connectors connect to the individual indicator,brake and fog lights

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 25
  • harness.jpg
    harness.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 25
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Here is a picture of the rear of the caravan and the wiring loom which feeds all lights at the rear.
pictures from the web not my van or loom.
The black connectors connect to the individual indicator,brake and fog lights

Posting a picture of a loom, especially not from your own caravan isn't going to help resolve a problem.

Other than blown bulbs, 90% of the time, problems with trailer road lights are due to corrosion on the wiring connections to the light fittings, bulb holders or the connection plug and socket to the tow vehicle.

Jun 13, 2021
Visit site
The loom is from the exact same model caravan as mine but as I have not taken it off my caravan so i assumed the picture would be helpful

As stated in my post the vehicle has been checked and a new 13 pin connector fitted to the caravan,the led side marker lights flash when indicating its just the rear that has the problem.

Thanks for all the replies I will check all connectors when next at the storage location

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The loom is from the exact same model caravan as mine but as I have not taken it off my caravan so i assumed the picture would be helpful

As stated in my post the vehicle has been checked and a new 13 pin connector fitted to the caravan,the led side marker lights flash when indicating its just the rear that has the problem.

Thanks for all the replies I will check all connectors when next at the storage location

As already suggested. Check the security and continuity of the earth to that cluster. It is often the white wire. But not necessarily. It is not difficult to do and could save a lot of heartache.

John

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
The picture is quite helpful, I can see the earth wires are all white. That's where I'd start, looking for corroded or overheated terminals on the affected lamps. Check the contacts are clean and bright on the bulb holdersThe earth wires come down to a common point at some stage then run along to the 13 pin socket. Not sure what Bailey do in the way of a connection point/ fuse box but your problem doesn't seem too serious.
Bear in mind the bumper moulding is purely cosmetic(?) So water tracks down behind it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts