Legionella - Is it a problem in caravan's

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
Scientists at Porton Down have sampled more than 100 rainwater butts and all contained some form or other of Legionella bacteria. But only two contained the dangerous variety. Test then usingvwatering cans, pumped systems with jet, shower and fine spray were tested to see if the bacteria could be transferred to humans. Don’t use a pumped mist spray which isn’t an effective method of watering. The interesting other conclusion is that more legionella bacteria grew in cool water butts in November than in warmer August temperatures. That contradicts conventional thinking.
Conclusions “keep on gardening” and heat your Aquaroll. (TIC) :)

Thanks OC a good write up. , I get more worried about Spesis nowadays, wearing flipflops in the summer, can't stand Crocs.
I will just keep filling my aquaroll with tap water. And carry on caravanning. .

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
My previous van had an ALDE 3000 boiler, and this had a control directly on the boiler, so you could set the hot water at any desired temperature and save a bit of energy in the process.

My current ALDE 3010 boiler has the minimum hot water temperature fixed at something like 50 or 60 - I forget which - specifically to address this issue, so ALDE at least must have considered it worthwhile to introduce the manufacturing change.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
chrisn7 said:
My previous van had an ALDE 3000 boiler, and this had a control directly on the boiler, so you could set the hot water at any desired temperature and save a bit of energy in the process.

My current ALDE 3010 boiler has the minimum hot water temperature fixed at something like 50 or 60 - I forget which - specifically to address this issue, so ALDE at least must have considered it worthwhile to introduce the manufacturing change.

I think you will find the maximum is 60 and there will be a lower one of probably 40. That was the settings I think on my last one, but the current one has two levels of hot and I think warm which I take it are the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts