Legoland - Windsor

May 15, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking of going to Legoland travelling down fron Northumberland, due to the long travel we might break our journey half way, and would probably want to stay North of Legoland when we get there, if anyone out there can recommend any good sites for the above,please let me know! We are members of CC and are looking for nice clean, quiet sites. Many Thanks Andrew.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you in the C&CC too? If so, try Chertsey. Within walking distance of the town, but it is a quiet riverside site. Open all year, and about 15 minutes' drive from Legoland.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew,

We are thinking of visiting Legoland whilst at Four Oaks C.C. site in Henley - I believe you can get discounted Legoland tickets at C.C. sites which is a help.

Being from Northumberland can you recommend any sites handy for Bamburgh/Alnwick? Many thanks in anticipation,

Mike E

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike E, If you are wanting to stay in what we class as North Northumberland eg: Alnwick / Bamburgh / Berwick area the sites I'd recommend are, Seafield at Seahouses (www.seafieldpark.co.uk)great toilet block, very clean and couple of mins walk into Seahouses, this site also has a brand new swimming pool, sauna and gym area now, however I've been told his prices have gone up with it. Seahouses is located about 5 mins down the coast from Bamburgh by car. Also the C&CC site Dunstan Hill Near Craster is supposed to be good but I have never been!, River Breamish CC site, Powburn Nr Wooler is a lovely site, in the Country with the simonside and cheviot hills nearby,( no mobile phone reception on this site) this site is set inland about 12 miles from Alnwick, Also further north the Seaview CC site at Berwick is nice overlooking the sea and on a good day views down to Holy Island and Bamburgh Castle, also in Berwick, Ord House ( www.ordhouse.co.uk) is a best of british site, large well kept site, immaculate toilet and showers, maybe more on the busy side does have a bar and club on site, do be careful where they pitch you as some parts are very compact and when we were there quite noisy! Personaly I realy like the River Breamish CC site but it depends what you are after and how close to the coast you want to be, My parents used to love going to Seafield at Seahouses but as I've said he has spent a lot of money last year building a swimming pool and gym so not sure what the sites like now. Hope this helps. Let me know what you decide. Cheers! Andrew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts