Leisure battery fully charged but control panel not working ?

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
The leisure battery is fully charged and also tried a friend's leisure battery in case it was a problem with our battery, however non of the 12-volt system operates and doesn't work when connected to a mains hook up on site/ or house electrics either. Can't get any lights on the control panel. Does anyone know where to find the fuse between the main fuse panel and the battery, in case this is the issue? It is a swift sprite major 4FB 2016 model. Anything else I should do? Thanks so much

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Normally the fuse is located in line on the positive lead from the battery. It is close to the battery, so look in the locker behind the battery box and trace the red wire from that box,

Note, not the orange one from the mains input.

But I am generalising, don’t know your specific van.

John

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
Normally the fuse is located in line on the positive lead from the battery. It is close to the battery, so look in the locker behind the battery box and trace the red wire from that box,

Note, not the orange one from the mains input.

But I am generalising, don’t know your specific van.

John

Thanks so much, John, I will take a look in the morning

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A fuse will not blow when there’s no power. If it was an old one it could have suffered a mechanical failure. Best keep a spare available in case it goes again in which case you will then need to investigate as that would mean you have a system fault somewhere that needs rectifying.

Reactions: Spritegirl
Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I had a 2017 sprite major 4 and if hooked up to mains the 12v system should still work without a battery in place or the 20amp in line fuse.

Oct 11, 2021
Visit site
I had a 2017 sprite major 4 and if hooked up to mains the 12v system should still work without a battery in place or the 20amp in line fuse.
That's what I thought, but the only light showing in the van before changing the20amp in line fuse was the green charger button on the main control panel. No lights or fridge working. I had the battery fully charged and in place and had it hooked up to the mains . However, just remembered the microwave was working ??

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
That's what I thought, but the only light showing in the van before changing the20amp in line fuse was the green charger button on the main control panel. No lights or fridge working. I had the battery fully charged and in place and had it hooked up to the mains . However, just remembered the microwave was working ??

That only works on mains .....

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
On my van there was a separate switch for the lighting and water pump on the panel above the door. The fridge can operate on mains, battery or gas depending on what you select.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you , any main reasons why the 20 amp fuse will blow when the van is not in use? Not got solar-powered panels or alarm or tracker so the system was powered down. It was working fine when left the storage site .
Did you take the battery away.If you reconnected the battery incorrectly (easy to do) this would rupture the fuse

Jul 27, 2022
Visit site
I am new to this forum (in fact any forum!) but I just wanted to say a big thank you for helping me solve an issue with my electrics. I spring cleaned the caravan today ready for a trip away on Sunday, then realised no reading on the voltmeter. Rang a couple of service guys but no luck. Read your tip on replacing battery fuse and like magic now have 12v power again! My holiday to Wales is saved. I think I must have got a bit energetic with the hoover near the fuse and tripped it.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Just for a bit of information regarding fuses. The fuse may look okay on visual inspection but it doesn’t mean it is. The only sure test is your trusty old multimeter.

Jul 27, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for that. I don't have a multimeter but as 240v power was working fine, sockets fridge etc but no lights presumed it was the 12v that was faulty. Checked battery connection that was ok then read about the battery fuse which I knew nothing about! Just happy to be off to Wales tomorrow!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts