leisure battery status

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been covered, I did have a look and couldn't see anything.

We bought a new Bosch leisure battery but it doesn't seem to hold it's charge. We have a Ring RSC16 smart charger and that seems to fully charge the battery but then 24hrs later the voltage has dropped from 13.8 to 13, then another 24hrs it's around 12.8 (when tested with multimeter). This is without anything connected to it so no drain on the battery.

Is this normal? I'm thinking about taking it back and getting al Elecsol 110ah as I can get that for the same price but just wanted to check if this was normal!

Any replies greatly received

Thanks

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy,

Take the battery back to the dealer.I work for a company that deals with Bosch and we have no problems whatsoever with returning goods to Bosch they are very obliging Jim.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy

This is quite normal. When you first take a battery off charge it will give a high reading which is not the true charge reading. Leave the battery off charge for 24hrs to rest the battery then take the reading. If it is 12.7 volts or above and holds this voltage over a period of time e.g a week or so the battery is fine. a battery at 12.7 volts or above is fully charged.

Von Ryan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts