Leisureshopdirect.com

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Anyone had any experience with this company?
I ordered three parts from them on 24th April, so nearly 2 weeks ago now.
One part, a motor mover spindle wasn't in stock, but it said 6 to 8 days for delivery.
Login to the website and check the date the part comes into stock and it was due in early last week, so all as expected there.
Every day since then I've checked, and the date it gives is the next working day, check the next day it's pushed the date out by another working day, and so on in perpetuity every day for the past week.
The other two parts it says are in stock, and have been picked ready for shipping since 25th, but they haven't been shipped.
Tried to call can never get through, on Thursday I left a message, nobody called me back. Yesterday sent an email, no response.
I've just given up and filled in the form to cancel the order about 1/2 hour ago, it said I'd get an email confirmation immediately, didn't get one.
They took the money from my bank account when I placed the order though.
:S :angry:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think that by naming this company you are breaking forum rules. Your complaint should be better directed at the company.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
OtherClive is correct.

However technically that post is not a "complaint". Read as intended it is simply a question asking if anyone else has had a similar experience.

The "rules" do not exclude that do they?

Rule OC mentioned is

Quote:
4 You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Technically Other Clive is right, forum rules mean that we are not allowed to name and shame on this forum and Colin should direct his complaint to the company concerned.
If the company are not replying to his emails in my opinion Colin should be allowed to ask other forum members for reassurance that he hasn't lost his money if they have had successful dealings with this company.
The chances are that the Bank holiday weekend has disrupted communications so perhaps a telephone call may help?

Their number is given as: 01271 862349

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just for the hell of it, I Googled the internet reviews on this company and they score a whopping 9.7/10 on Trustpilot. I tend to agree with Parksy that the Bank Holiday is the issue. I have been struggling to get in touch with CAMC Insurance over the same weekend.

Although I have never personally dealt with this company, I have seen nothing for the OP to be concerned about.

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Apologies if any rules broken, moderators please remove the thread if/as you see fit.

Parksy is indeed correct that I was seeking others experiences and reassurance that the company wasn't just one of these that runs into the sunset with your money, and as I have been completely unable to get hold of them by phone on the number listed by google (01271 862349) I was worried whether they'd gone bust and actually there was nobody there to answer it. With internet retailers you never really know.

They emailed me shortly after I posted this, because I had made the cancellation request, and said they had "found" my other email. The bank holiday was used as a reason not to have replied to my email, but that doesn't explain why I couldn't get hold of them by phone at all last week, or today, and my voicemail wasn't returned Thursday, Friday or indeed this morning, and yet they react within an hour to an order cancellation request!

Anyway, I've replied pointing that out and asking them to ship the other two items and cancel and refund the motor mover part, as it's not due to arrive until the end of May.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to try and level the playingfield, I have been a customer of the company in connection with my business for over 10 years and they have always been very good.

Yes there are times when items are not readily available, but that is not their fault, they rely on their suppliers , who in most cases have extended holidays just when the caravan users are getting ready to venture out and about and find the odd problems.

I have found that they do try to keep customers informed of delays but again, if their supplier fails them, they are powerless to do anything about it.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Leisureshopdirect.com is a very long established and trustworthy company.
I have bought from them in person at their premises and via internet order.....always had good service.

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Seems like I've been unlucky then, communication with me has been non-existent until I cancelled the order through the online form, at which point I got an email. The online portal just extended the expected date by one day, each day, to the next working day, so it always said it was due tomorrow. Only yesterday did anyone tell me it was delayed until the end of May. Yesterday I asked them to ship the other two items, according to the online portal that still hasn't happened.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I sympathise with over the delay, but one other factor to take into consideration is the spectacle that is Brexit.
A lot of Germany based suppliers are refusing to send anything to the UK ,which means most of the items used in caravans amongst others.

Very little is produced in the UK so we are in an unenviable position until the political situation is made clear , which by current standards is a very long way off.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I have used them several times without incident although occasionally had to wait a little longer than expected when they are waiting for stock..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts