Les Grande Pins, lac de Sanguinet

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone been to this site? We would be very interested to have some independent comments on the site, the area, how busy it gets in August- Or any other e-recommendations for sites by lakes in this area.

Thanks

Rachael

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
I have not been to that particular site, but have stayed at another one in the area. It can be quite busy, but is a lovely area. One major disadvantage which we found was that you are always parked under very large pine trees with large cones. When they are dry the cones are not too heavy, but a fresh cone can weigh quite a bit. We found that the squirrels liked to eat the cones from the very top of the tree, and having taken off the tender bits will naturally just drop the cone. We ended up with one very large dent in the top of our caravan and 4 dents on the car. On an adjacent pitch a baby's pram was damaged by a cone, but luckily the baby was not in it at the time.

Alun

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Last august whilst on holiday in france we stayed at Sequoia Park,near to Royan, and whilst we were there we had a day trip down to lac sanguinet to find a nice site for this summer. I spent many childhood holidays at this lake with very fond memories and wanted to return this year with our 5 year old daughter so she have the enjoyment of it.

Its a fantastic lake, very safe for children, with fine golden sand beaches. The surrounding area is very flat apart from the sand dunes, and the area is basically covered in a pine tree forest. The lake is also great for water sports. I would highly recomend this part of france. Oh and i cant remember what Les Grands Pins was like but we chose to stay at La Rive on a fully serviced pitch, it even has its own private beach. We are Staying for 15 nights in early august.

Hope this helps,

Darren

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rachael, Landes is my favorite part of France for a Summer beach type holiday and I have been several times. Our favorite site is Le Col Vert at lac de Leon {www.colvert.com} which is a bit further down than Sanguinet.

We had some great time though in the Sanguinet area when kids were young at Mimizan and Biscarosse Plages. We used to like Le Mayotte and La Rive.

It is a busy in July and August but not as busy as some places I have been to. There is a lot of space and they actually welcome visitors. I hope you have a gret time.

TRENDING THREADS