les sables-d'olonne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi all , july / august every night they closed the promanade road in les sables d 'olonne & have street entertainers , it's like a street party , licking me ice cream , watching people walking along the sea front as the sun goes down , but july/ august 2006 they stopped it me & family signed the petition, so was it back on 2007 & will it be back on this year , also does other resorts do the same thing....pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ginger Pete, out of interest where are you staying les sables d'olone. it must be a nice place if you have been for a couple of years running

thanks

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We have not been to Le sable delonne for a while now so not seen it the way you describe which sounds great,however I recall that when we went even without the front being shut parking was a nightmare,has that improved?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
gill c we have been going to the vendee for the last 14 years on & off but never the same particular campsite but we have been 3 times to la loubine in olonne-sur-mer good for older kids , football tournerments ,great swimming pools, & the best little bar area in france ( old barn buildings with grape vines draped over the roof). we also use sites with maybe an hours drive from les sables , we also love st jean de monts , this year we are staying for 1 week on a site near lake jaunay near aprmont then for 2 weeks at bonne anse plague which has a bike path running past it so we cycle to the village la palmyrosa for a beer( or 6 ) . plotter when we go to les sables we tend to park up alitte bit further out of town near the marina , but as you know any town has its parking promblems ...pete

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We liked Apremont and the nearby Velo Rail,have you tried that great fun.Also the Cafe de Paris at Notre Dame de Riez great food but dinner takes about 4 hours!

TRENDING THREADS