L'Etang de la Breche, Saumur

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya. Next year we were think about taking the children to Le Bohat on the Rhuys Peninsula and then going on to L'Etang de la Breche. I don't want anywhere too noisy or impersonal. Has anyone been to L'Etang and can give me an opinion? Thanks very much.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just spent 10 days their in high season found it to be un friendly( people in caravan next to us kept curtains closed in caravan & awning just incase we looked at them) when it rained (and it did some)it stayed very , very muddy& with big puddles every where.the showers where mixed but cover up the holes in the cubicle walls . the unisex toilets are good after waiting 5/10 minutes in a queue the person in front has made the seat warm for you. i have visited 20 sites in france & this is by far the worst but having said that in reception they had a comment book and many families said they had enjoyed their stay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
try Le Chantepie just outside Saumur. in my opinion this is a nicer site and i have been to both. L etang de la breche has quite a high tour operator presence so can be a bit noisy. having said that when we were there the reception and site facilities were spotless. we prefer Chantepie tho.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The best site we've used in the Saumer area is at Montsabert, about 7 kms away. Superb facilities, separate loos & showers, great pool, and they used to provide a soiree for FFr50 each - kids free - all you could eat & drink. Boules & tennis courts & kids play area. Cave & degustation in the village too! Book it direct & save a fortune - it'll cost you about half the price of using a British travel co.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for for all your really useful comments. They did help me come closer to deciding what to do. I have actualy been put off a bit. The only site I want to go to at the moment is in the Moriban region - Le Bohat. I just need to find somewhere else near there for the second week. Thanks alot.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sian We decided to make our way back early from sequoia parc. As Pete says the weather was not that good this year, when we arrived the weather was really good and the bites. If you go make sure you really cover yourself and the kids with mosquito repellant. Have to say though brilliant pool and shoots for the kids and grown ups ofcourse

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts