Levellers that can be fitted

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Help please.
I am trying to find out if a leveller can be fitted to our New Lunat Delta RI and will it effect our warranty.
I have heard of other manufacturers say it does not like Bailey but I am getting no where after nearly a month.
The other thing that's is a puzzle is the stain resistance on the upholstery the don't do the the same colour as the RI one?

The van is not due until May but I would like to get the items sorted prior to then.

Kind regards anyone who can help.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Angus1945 said:
Help please.
I am trying to find out if a leveller can be fitted to our New Lunat Delta RI and will it effect our warranty.
I have heard of other manufacturers say it does not like Bailey but I am getting no where after nearly a month.
The other thing that's is a puzzle is the stain resistance on the upholstery the don't do the the same colour as the RI one?

The van is not due until May but I would like to get the items sorted prior to then.
I have

Angus.
So you haven't paid for the baby yet? May is a long way off.
Ask the supplying dealer to answer your question and advise on the fitting.
If they do not answer cancel you your order and go elsewhere.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Angus1945 said:
Help please.

Hello Angus,

The majority of 'levelers' are not fitted to the caravan as such. The simple ones are wedges that you pull or push the lowest wheel onto to raise it up. There are slightly more exotic versions where the leveler sits under the wheel and you adjust it using a jack mechanism. The caravan still has to have its corner steadies adjusted to keep it stable.

There are a few super deluxe models that use three or more permanently fitted jacks to the caravan and are electrically driven. These may be manually adjusted or there are fully automatic systems, As the complexity increases, so does the price.

With the electrically operated devices, the systems jack must be fitted to point under the caravan that are strong enough to handle the possible loads. Generally, UK caravans do not have enough structural members under the floor to accept these loads safely. If you wanted one of these fitted to your caravan, the leveler supplier should have done their homework and be able to tell you if it can be safely fitted, but to be sure As Dusty suggests get you seller to earn their money and to find out for you, or contact the caravan manufacturer and ask for advice about fitting and if it will affect your manufacturers warranty or not.

I'm not sure if Dusty meant to suggest telling your caravan dealer that you are interested in a leveling system, but adding that if they don't find out and let you know, that you will cancel your order. It's a bit draconian, but sometimes you do need to make suppliers sit up and take notice and the threat of losing a sale can work wonders.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Prof
Even by our high standards Angus isn't doing very well.
Nothing to help him on the upholstery nor on fitting one of the levelling accessories that does it all for you. See his OP.
And he doesn't take delivery until next May.
Not good :eek:hmy: :blink:

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
:woohoo:
Hi after writing to Lunar on the 29 of September and again on Sunday they replied only to say ask your dealer!!!!

So I wrote back copy to dealer about who decides is it effects warranty?
Still no reply yet resent today.

Heard from manufacturers they can fit it without drilling frame etc but they can't get a reply about warranty.

Two things I have found out if any help is that Lunar fit the big feet so that will cost less.

Lunar also say the don't recommend any make over another.

It's like mushroom management how they keep you in the dark.

I can say for Lunar I think their manuals owners and service appear to be very good and I can't understand why some of these on the forums have not seen them.

It was not easy to find as I find Lunar web site a bit of a task.

Go to Owners lounge and they are there.

I await my dealer to come back to me as following your comments I hope he does as I like to deal with him.

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Got reply from both dealer and Lunar now,
They don't know so awaiting details from Lunar after sales should know today.

I would think as the prices come down on these levellers more people who are disabled would need these answers.
Should Practical Caravan inform them like about the owner manual on Lunar and others web sites it's 164 pages of great info for those who are new too Caravanning and it help to keep you out of the dark on things which seem simple for the ones who are in their fourth generation Caravanning.

Like if you are six feet or more try the bed the design team don't!!
Will keep you informed
Thanks again

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if I may mention names but looking at two makes one is about a £1000 and the other is £2500 still awaiting a quote for the second one very slow on quote God knows what service will be like?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts