levelling blocks and chocks

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I've got a bailey senator wyoming twin axle and up till now have not needed to level it from side to side, just as well because I haven't got any levelling blocks !! Can anyone advise the best type of block to use with a twin axle like mine before I go out and probably get the wrong type. I have asked in several accessory shops, but to date I've had conflicting opinions or none at all because the sales staff don't know!

Many thanks if you can help.

Sian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I also have a twin axle and as I use mostly Caravan club sites do not need to level across the axle very often.I carry an assortment of levelling devices.I have 2 battons or planks each 4 feet long so that both wheels can fit on it.One is about an inch thick and the other 2 inches thick. I also have 2 yellow ramps, I have used these once. Reversed to the back of the pitch layed both levellers in front of the wheel with a small space between them then drive over the first one so that both wheels are on there own ramp. Pull the van up to the desired height and then set the hand brake.

Another method if the level is not out by too much is to reverse back a little further than you need and on hard standing pitches scrape some loose gravel from in front of the wheels and add some to the other side then draw forward until the wheel drops into the depression and goes up the other side accordingly. I saw Roger the site warden use this method at Bladdon Chains. It does work.

Regards Jim

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
I also have a twin axle and as I use mostly Caravan club sites do not need to level across the axle very often.I carry an assortment of levelling devices.I have 2 battons or planks each 4 feet long so that both wheels can fit on it.One is about an inch thick and the other 2 inches thick. I also have 2 yellow ramps, I have used these once. Reversed to the back of the pitch layed both levellers in front of the wheel with a small space between them then drive over the first one so that both wheels are on there own ramp. Pull the van up to the desired height and then set the hand brake.

Another method if the level is not out by too much is to reverse back a little further than you need and on hard standing pitches scrape some loose gravel from in front of the wheels and add some to the other side then draw forward until the wheel drops into the depression and goes up the other side accordingly. I saw Roger the site warden use this method at Bladdon Chains. It does work.

Regards Jim
Hi Sian

I also have a Senator Wyoming and use two Milenco Yellow ramps,

I use them as follows, I line up exactly where I want the van to be, if it needs levelling, place one ramp immediately behind the back wheel of the side that needs lifting, slowly reverse up the yellow ramps usually three levels, stop and put the other yellow ramp in front of the front wheel (which will probably be just about on the first ramp as well)Now just slowly roll forward until the caravan becomes level. This all sounds long winded and complicated but isnt and with practice works well. (I have a power touch mover which will take the van up the ramps but if the pitch is grass or gravel it can slew sideways) Hope this helps.

Cheers John D

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
If you had a Trail-A-Mate you would not need to carry a forest around with you for levelling.Trail-A-Mate is a hydraulic Jockey Wheel which converts into a Hydraulic jack and so you can use it to level your double axle caravan in position without hardly any effort. You also have a suitable and the safest lifting device with you if you are unfortunate to have a punture or wheel trouble. This is a three in one product and has been well proven and tested in Australia over the last 12 years and it has been on sale in the UK and Europe for the last 14 months. Visit www.trail-a-mate.com for more information.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you had a Trail-A-Mate you would not need to carry a forest around with you for levelling.Trail-A-Mate is a hydraulic Jockey Wheel which converts into a Hydraulic jack and so you can use it to level your double axle caravan in position without hardly any effort. You also have a suitable and the safest lifting device with you if you are unfortunate to have a punture or wheel trouble. This is a three in one product and has been well proven and tested in Australia over the last 12 years and it has been on sale in the UK and Europe for the last 14 months. Visit www.trail-a-mate.com for more information.
it looks good,at

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
What price is safety and ease of use? You use Trail-A-Mate every time you hitch and unhitch your caravan as it is the Jockey wheel and it makes that job very easy, especially if you are finding it hard to lift the front up. You then have it with you as you are travelling to use to level when you reach your site or if you have wheel trouble on the way. As you never have to go under or lie down under your caravan again to place a jack in a suitable place, it is the simplest and safest on the market. It may be more expensive than a normal jockey wheel and a bottle jack, but I would know which one I would feel safer using and it is not a product to be replaced, if anything should happen to it you just replace the part. You never need to carry with you an extra jack which may not be suitable or safe for your caravan as Trail-A-Mate does all three jobs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use my powertouch mover and 2 No. Fiamma Levelling blocks to level the van across the wheels.

At the point where I want to setup, I check the level across the wheels, if I have to lift one side a few degrees I take the van back about 2 Ft. place one levelling block at the setup point and drive the van forward onto the block. with the mover you can inch it up until you are perfectly level, then put another small chock on top of the levelling block to lock it steady. I then proceed to level the van lengthways by using the jockey wheel. when all is level both ways then screw down your corner steadies.

Then you can release the tension of your mover drive rollers

hope you can understand my presentation levelling is easier done than said!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts