Levels of Serevice from Manufacturers/ dealers

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Is anybody else appalled at the levels of service offered by Dealers and Manufacturers. I recently purchased a part for my Avondale and it took over 1 month to come, when it came it was wrong and the replacement then took another couple of weeks. So 2 months and one cancelled holiday I eventually got back on the road. In frustration I wrote to the Managing Director to complain and some weeks later have not had the courtesy of a reply.

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
I have the highest praise for Thetford - one of the door 'shelves' in our van developed a crack, we contacted Thtford 7 within days had a complete replacement part, free of charge. I know some of the major 'van manufacturers have been slated, but Thetford go some way to restoring my faith!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham - sincere sympathies for all the poor levels of service you've suffered. We bought our latest van (the 4th) from Highbridge Caravans in Somerset who've been great. We had a minor fault recently, reported on a Sunday afternoon, within the hour their technician called out and fixed it. How's that for service? Vote with your feet - name & shame the maker & Dealer - incidentally we bought a French made van this time, as our previous 3 British vans were full of faults on delivery - look what happened to the our car & motorcycle industries.........

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I bought my Bailey Pageant Majestic from Barrons at Coppull. It has just had its fifth years service and they have replaced a faulty part on the fridge under warranty. The caravan came with a 3 year warranty that was extended to 5 years if it had a regular annual service by a Bailey dealer.

As frdges, ovens, heaters, etc normally have a 12 month warranty you would expect the 5 year warranty to cover just the caravan and its running gear. Obviously not in this case. Last year I had a part fitted under warranty on the oven as well.

All in all I feel that I have had very good service from Barrons.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts