lidyl sky dish system

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony

Freesat does have Channel 4. I asked this question on the 18/07/08 on the Technical Board. Its listed as Channel 8350. Channel 5 not on yet though.I also have the Maplin suitcase system. Maplin's have some B categary systems for sale at

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, ive signed up for the newsletter, there didn't seem to be any complete kits at that price, just the receiver boxes and then by the time you have bought the dish etc., you're back to the suitcase price thats on offer at the minute. I must admit, i get a bit lost when things get too technical so need to have everything put together for me. We have an integrated digital tv and so, if the aerial thats on the roof of the van doesnt work, we could get an aerial, if only i could work out how and where you fix this to the van,lol Perhaps i should just take a good book instead.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry to hijack Chris' thread, but...

I'm off to France for a day trip on the 4th Aug. If I buy a dish with LNB over there, what else do I need.. Or do they come in kits with everything included? And with the euro being strong, is it worth it?

My situation is that I work away from home and use the van, TV reception can be poor on the site I'm on and my freeview box just isn't worth the hassle. I have sky at home, courtesy of my stepson who pays for the sky+ in his room and the normal sky for us in the lounge. The only channels I particularly watch are 'Dave', Living (I like CSI!), BBC, ITV, plus some or any crap that catches my eye. So is the freesat sky or freesat bbc the one for me. AAAAAhhhh! Too many options!!

The sky would be good for the times when the OH joins me or we go away as we could take the card from the lounge with us.

Thanks for any help..

Oh, and does anyone know of a good retailer in Calais, just in case!!

Cheers, Gary.
If you buy in Calais then Leroy Merlin at Cocquelles (next to Auchan and Sainsbury's.) They will do you a complete kit with 5000 or 5500 channel receiver for less than _100. (Note that some of the receivers that have less than 5000 channels preprogrammed are not equipped for Astra 2D. My box is 5000 channels by Vtronic and has Astra 2D.)

If you are going west the BricoMan at Boulogne (at the turn for St Omer) will do you the same but a bit cheaper. I also bought the tripod (only) for a set of worklights for about _11 on which to mount the dish. It also helps to get some wingnuts to fasten the dish to the tripod.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts