Light Wt Porch Awning - Porchlite XL Vs Suncamp Scenic plus

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

We have a porch awning that came with the caravan but it is old and of the more traditional awning style, but only half the width, and as such is heavy and a bit of a pig to put up on my own, or at least with the "help" of my five year old, as a result it takes quite a while to erect - not ideal in the winter when we go away for the weekend straight after school. I am looking at buying a light weight porch awning for ease/speed of assembly and the lighter weight. I have narrowed my search down to either the Outdoor Revolution Porchlite XL or the SunCamp Scenic plus as both are large enough to store our bikes etc and have fairly similar design, specification and floor plan. The SunCamp is about £30 cheaper on the web but doesn't come with a caravan draft skirt (don't know if the Porchlite does or not). We would appreciate the opinions/view of any of you that own or have examined either of these awnings as to any problems, recommendations etc before we buy.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Richard, I have a Suncamp Scenic plus which came complete with skirt. Very lightweight and I've packed it away wet a few times now. I hang it in my garage to dry when I get home. It's also been used in torrential rain with no problem. Not as good as my main awning but ideal for short breaks.

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
We have found the scenic plus to be brilliant in all weathers - including the snow last month. Ours came with a skirt, too.
We have had a Sunncamp Scenic plus for 2 years now, and have been very pleased with its performance during strong winds and torrential rain both during summer and october visits away. They have discontinued the skirts that used to be provided.

Maggi

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Richard

I have the Scenic Plus as well which like the others came with the caravan skirt. I have put it up on my own and in fact when my brother-in-law comes away with us he treats it has his job to put up the Scenic Plus whilst I get on with electric and water items.The only time we don't use it now is if it is extremely windy or if it is only 2 of of us away for the weekend.

Alun

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I went for the Sunncamp Vision XL, which proved easy to erect (even on the first use) and pack away. Gives a useful shaped 3m x 3m floor area. Needs a Kampa open weave carpet or similar. Both lightweight.

No problem in quite strong winds. The roof did pond a bit in heavy rain, but my van was at its minimum height range and the slope on the site may not have helped.

Funniest moment was after a heavy frost froze the overnight condensation. It rained inside quite heavily when the sun rose next morning!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts