Lightweight awnings

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi we want to buy a new awning for our new van and didn't want to bother with lugging a full awning round this time (still got our Dorema from our last van but too short).

We were set on a Sunncamp 390 but have read that the poles can sometimes damage the side on the van. The Starcamp looks similar and we've seen a Outdoor Revolution at our dealers.

The Out Rev is shorter but seems better pole lay out than the Sunncamp and perhaps better material.

We would be really pleased if anyone has any views or experience that woulkd help us to decide.

Tomo

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Tom

We're in the same market - we want something that'll do us for a short break/weekend away that takes ten/fifteen minutes to erect.

I've been looking at the Eurovent Sierra. It's

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply, Eurovent looks prettty handy, haven't got one up in my dealers although they're a stockist. That's the problem getting a look at the various awnings without going to a show. Locally we've only been able to look at the Outdoot Rev., it looks pretty good but can't compare. Nearest Sunncamp dealer is 25 miles away and they don't display the ones we want to look at. Think we'll keep sucking and seeing.

All the best

Tomo

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tom

I have just taken the plung and purchased Sunncamp panoramic scenic porch awning. I to worried about pole damage on the side of the van. But after talking to people on sites that we stayed on all porches seem to have there problems. What people seem to have done with this model and I will do the same cut some pipe insulation to stop the pole rubbing the van.

Steve

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi Stephen Thanks for the message have read that you can do that with poles or cut a spilt in rubber suckers and fit them. I admit we are tempted by the Sunncamp seems to get good write ups off everyone.

All the best

Tomo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts