Ligurian coast site with big pitches

Sep 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi I have been to Lake Garda (Fontanelle) three times with my Caravan and am now looking for a nice site with a sandy beach nearby on the Ligurian coast.
I have a new elldis storm it is 8 mtrs long so I need a generous pitch somewhere between Genoa and Livorno am looking to go for two weeks plus a week of travelling.

do you have some suggestions based on experiences that could help me decide a suitable site, any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I made a similar enquiry some years ago (although with a much shorter caravan) and seem to recall the relies indicated that, in general, pitches on Italian sites tend to be quite small.

Many of the sites I have used in France and Spain over the years would also be problematic in this respect, especially if you want to put up a full awning.

I hope you will get a more positive response from others. In the meantime I can only suggest you get a good mover fitted and get to know how to use it, as getting a long and heavy van like this onto a pitch could otherwise be a problem

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Manfield p, well as you have been down to Lake Garda before you must have seen the size of the sites, to have bought such a lovely big van for touring. I can only agree with Ray, on his points, I stay mostly on smaller sites in Franch where my Coachman 560, can be a bit of a handfull on some pitches.
I hope you get some good results and recommendations.
Hutch.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi We have been to 14 countries in Europe and inc Italy and never had a problem with our twin Axle Elddis Crusader Storm have a look here www.joysofeuropeancaravanning.co.uk

Any questions please ask.

DianneT

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A 100 sq meter pitch is stil quite small, enough for a small van and a car, not enough for a big van awning and car. As I found out.

May 21, 2016
Visit site
that is quite a reasonable size plot. I accept vans have got a lot lager these days. those dimensions should be more than enough for a good sized outfit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts