Lincoln Christmas Market

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went to the Christmas Market some three years ago and it was heaving. So packed it really was not much fun so we were keen to move on. Sorry to be discouraging. Stayed at The Shannon caravan and camping park, Wellow Road, Ollerton. www.caravan-sitefinder.co.uk. Perhaps a bit far away. A bit basic then - seemed to be just starting up - but O.K. for overnighting. Hope this is of help.

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clumber Park CC site is open all year and approx 20 miles from Lincoln. I think you have to cross a toll bridge, 25p to get there.

Site has all the usual CC amenities and is excellent and secluded.

Brian

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
We too used to go the Lincoln Market, but it is so crowded, that you can't move, you have to go with the crowd, I found it was too much shove and push, so don't bother going now.

Shiba.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, but have to agree too. We went two years ago and were very disappointed. There is a one-way system through the castle and we were literally shoulder to shoulder shuffling our way through which took about 45 minutes. Many of the stalls were not very European either.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve W,

Seems Lincoln Market is just TOO popular. Still, if you do go, just call out for any other Forum users. You might not see much but I bet you would have an interesting conversation. We are off to Moreton in Marsh on those dates, partly to take in Bourton on the Water which is supposed to be rather festive then.

Mike E

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts