Lincoln Motorhome Show

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Anyone off to the late season MH show at Lincoln showground next weekend? (Thursday - Monday)

I know that it's a MH show, but lot's of caravans usually turn up, and there are a lot of stalls, etc, selling stuff that's common to both species.

One good thing about MH shows - no-one minds generators -;)

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
No-one else going then?

We're off tomorrow - should be a good bash, Motorhomer's tend to be a party-orientated group ;) (and, as stated, generators can run and run, without any finger wagging ;) )

This is the latest MH show we've ever known - we used to do all the usual ones, but I can only assume that this has been scheduled to try and shift some excess stock before the winter (and the precarious financial conditions that will be prevalent next year)

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Yes, we're off up, Saturday morning though. Reason for going is to listen to a particular band playing Saturday evening....The Swing Commanders

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Phil wrote:

Yes, we're off up, Saturday morning though. Reason for going is to listen to a particular band playing Saturday evening....The Swing Commanders⇦br/>

Sorry for not replying sooner (still recovering after the show ;)

Didn't get to see the Swing Commanders due to the family turning up, are they related to you?

I found the show a little bit disappointing, very few bargain accessories to be had, and the price of the new MH's certainly seems to have rocketed since we were last into them in 2003. 50K seems to be par for the course these days.

The second-hand ones continue to be outrageously overpriced as well - I saw an 11 year old 'Team Roller' (cheap basic Italian coach built, originally imported by Don Amott) on offer for a whopping 16k ('reduced', LOL!)

I've seen 2 year old Team Roller's with damp - so an 11 year old specimen would be an extremely interesting purchase ;)

Point is, that money would buy you a new Bailey Pegasus! - and I know where I'd rather sink my own cash.

Have to say, I didn't have one single regret about returning to caravanning.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Phi wrote:

'Yes, we're off up, Saturday morning though. Reason for going is to listen to a particular band playing Saturday evening....The Swing Commanders'

Apologies for hi jacking Creature Comforts's thread

I've seen them a couple of times now, what a talented group of young people!

They received a standing ovation at the Twinwoods Festival during the August Bank Holiday and have guaranteed a re booking at next years festival

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts