lincoln xmas market

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Some years ago my wife and myself took our van and stopped on the Lincoln showground. there was a bus service direct into Lincoln and it was a fantastic weekend. The problem is we cant remember who we went with. It could have been a caravan club section but i have not seen any adverts for this, either last or this year. has anyone got any information on this event ?

Jan 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Graham

Sorry but your missed this years market, however, it was probably the Lincolnshire centre of the caravan club (www.linconshirecentre.co.uk), they used to run Christmas market rallies at the show ground. The last couple of years they have changed venue to a nearby farm and put on their own park and ride service, but ther has been talk of a return to the showground.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I went a few years ago with the Lincolnshire Centre CC, it was at the showground then, next to the park and ride. Don't know how busy the market was when you went graham, but 3 years ago it was jam packed solid. The organisers had circuitous routes to walk around the market to thin the crowds out. Couldn't really get near the stalls. Decided not to go again!!

But don't let me put you off.

mel

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We too went about three years ago and said never again. The organizers did have a one way system through the whole town, so we shuffled, shoulder to shoulder, through the stalls, through the castle and out the other side. Even then, the streets were also one-way and very crowded. Likewise, we couldn't get near the stalls either.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Graham

I have just been reading the Caravan Club magazine and it gives a contact number re. the Lincoln Christmas Markets. Although you are too late for this year the number is Geoff Mercer - 01909 540305.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts