Little gem of a site near Newcastle upon Tyne

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, I'm looking for a site within an hours drive of Newcastle preferably hardstanding pitches and ehu, I'm particularly after just a little quiet site for weekends away, anybody who have found a hidden gem please let me know
Many thanks in advance
Andrew

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

https://goo.gl/maps/A9J3zqhT7HE2
We go to this cl site , about an hour away from us (boldon) its hard grass standings , hook up toilets and a shower for £14.oo per night , lovely village pub and peacefull. Been going here for the last 5 Year lovely

Craig

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We like Doxford Farm Chathill just north of Alnwick. A CCC CS level grassehu,shower and toilet. Nice views over fields, quite and the farm have some nice walks where they are working the fields with consideration for wildlife and the environment. Well placed for attractions of the local area either coastal or Cheviot. We’ve hauled up there several times from Wiltshire as it’s a nice place to be. And it’s not just it’s relative proximity to the Ship Inn at Newton by Sea.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Mr Alky aka Hutch :p asks where the pubs are !! At the Finghall site , it is a 5 minute walk up the lane called the Queens Head , lovely ale and food . Leyburn centre 1o minutes drive up one road .
The Morpeth one , I'm not too sure but apparently this site has a lovely farm cafe .

Craig .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Some years back in my beer monster days, we took the caravan to Leyburn and were joined by a mate and missus mate. We did the Theaksons Brewery tour and came out rather unsteadily. When the ladies reminded us we still hadnt fed them, Al spied a pub on the Market Place that sold food.........and Theakstons. Sitting in the bar waiting for food we were rather taken aback to find it full of uniformed police officers swilling beer like it was free. It was of course the cast of Heartbeat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts