Living with a Phantom Tracker Pro

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The awaited van has an integrate Phantom Tracker Pro.

Can somebody please tell me how you have to live with this system so it can discriminated between legitimate and illegitimate movement of the van?

Does it just signal the van is actually moving if its "armed" rather that the vans relocation?

Thus if its "disarmed" and moved by us to a new location then "rearmed" at that location, to protect it on site, then no warnings are triggered?

Dealers rep had less idea than us and Phantoms website is no help, so an insight from fellow users would be welcome please.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi jtq

it works like this,for phantom to know that your vehicle has been moved or tampered with the following applies:-

1 your alarm must be switched on,if the steadies(providing the steadies are part of the alam system,as mine are, which incidently only will apply to one steady which is usually the offside rear one.anyone moving this steady will trigger the alarm which triggers the phantom tracking system to alert phantom control,who will then ring you on the dedicated phone no or no,s(home and mobile) you have registered to them.

if your alarm is not switched on then the phantom system does not activate at all.then the only way phantom will no your caravan has been stolen is BY YOU TELLING THEM and THEN they can track it to find out where it is.

2 when the alarm is switched on and the caravan has been accessed,the alarm will activate and phantom will be alerted,not switched on no alert.

3 if you plug the grey and black plugs in when the alarm is on,again this will alert phantom to tell you the caravan is been tampered with,no alarm on no alert

be careful with alarm when accessing caravan yourself as the fob is qiute sensitive and the buttons are qiuite easy to activate believe me the amount of false alarms phantom get are quite high

i think this is a good system if its used correctly.if alarm is continuosly left on the battery will drain quicker than you think,so always change the battery regulary

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks klarky, I think it beginning to make sense now!

First the van will not have an alarm as such but the system includes Phantom's optional motion sensor that will achieve the same when van is rolling about on the road.

So if I have it right then: -

1. If I switch the Phantom off and go on a legitimate trip there will be no alarm?

2. If I forget and it's switched on and my "friendly van collector" or I go on the road then there will be an alert?

3. If I forget to switch it on whether on site or home and my "friendly van collector" goes on the road, then if I realise its gone and ring Phantom they will locate it despite the switch being off?

4. Whilst on site I can leave it switched on, based on Phantom claiming the motion sensor will ignore normal habitation movements and need road-induced movements to set it off?

Sounds if that's easy enough to live with and worth having.

I note your comment about the battery; however reading their website I thought it normally used the vans power and its battery was in case the thief severed that feed?

Thanks John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
On the Phantom fitted to our caravan the tracker is linked to the audible alarm so if the alarm is switched on then the tracker is activated.

When we're away in the caravan the alarm is switched off before we open the caravan door otherwise the audible intruder alarm would go off. If we leave the van unnatended, say for a trip into town then we activate the alarm and by default the tracker.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
If you have a motion sensor on the Tracker unit your Tracker may not be intergrated with your caravan alarm.

It is best to check as if not intergrated with your alarm if this goes off your Tracker doesnt and will on reply on the van mnoving.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

First the van will not have an alarm as such but the system includes Phantom's optional motion sensor that will achieve the same when van is rolling about on the road.

1. If I switch the Phantom off and go on a legitimate trip there will be no alarm? (correct)

2. If I forget and it's switched on and my "friendly van collector" or I go on the road then there will be an alert?(correct)

3. If I forget to switch it on whether on site or home and my "friendly van collector" goes on the road, then if I realise its gone and ring Phantom they will locate it despite the switch being off?(correct)

4. Whilst on site I can leave it switched on, based on Phantom claiming the motion sensor will ignore normal habitation movements and need road-induced movements to set it off?(don't have a motion sensor on mine,so can't really comment.surprised if windy conditions or a lot of movement by habitation does not set it off???)

I note your comment about the battery; however reading their website I thought it normally used the vans power and its battery was in case the thief severed that feed? (if the e#feed is severed then phantom activates automatically to say there has been a power loss,same if your battery gets undull low,they will contact you to tell you this

Thanks John

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site

1. If I switch the Phantom off and go on a legitimate trip there will be no alarm? (correct)

2. If I forget and it's switched on and my "friendly van collector" or I go on the road then there will be an alert?(correct)

3. If I forget to switch it on whether on site or home and my "friendly van collector" goes on the road, then if I realise its gone and ring Phantom they will locate it despite the switch being off?(correct)

4. Whilst on site I can leave it switched on, based on Phantom claiming the motion sensor will ignore normal habitation movements and need road-induced movements to set it off?(don't have a motion sensor on mine,so can't really comment.surprised if windy conditions or a lot of movement by habitation does not set it off???)

I note your comment about the battery; however reading their website I thought it normally used the vans power and its battery was in case the thief severed that feed? (if the e#feed is severed then phantom activates automatically to say there has been a power loss,same if your battery gets undull low,they will contact you to tell you this

Thanks John
Thanks klarky, Parksy and Mikey we are now up to speed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts