Locating a delayed-off switch for an electric roof ventilator

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
My Hobby caravan of 2 years ago had a superb 12V fan in the roof ventilator in the loo which removed air from the room for 2 or 3 minutes after the light was switched off. I'd like to fit a similar fan ventilator in my new van but can't track down a suitable switch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian, are you sure that the delay mechanism wasn't in the extractor unit itself? I had one in a van I once owned and it was switched on by the normal light switch. The delay when switching off could be adjusted with a small screwdriver.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
its not a switch its a time delay unit fitted in to the fans electrics, i know you can buy the 240 volt version from retailers like b&q but 12 volt will be a problem. if you have a knowledge of electrics you could buy a multi voltage variable timer from maplins or rs components and conect this in line with you existing fans wiring, but do you really need it ? heat rises and your roof vent is more than capable of removing the excess steam and odours from your van. just more weight if you ask me.

TRENDING THREADS