Locating a delayed-off switch for an electric roof ventilator

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
My Hobby caravan of 2 years ago had a superb 12V fan in the roof ventilator in the loo which removed air from the room for 2 or 3 minutes after the light was switched off. I'd like to fit a similar fan ventilator in my new van but can't track down a suitable switch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian, are you sure that the delay mechanism wasn't in the extractor unit itself? I had one in a van I once owned and it was switched on by the normal light switch. The delay when switching off could be adjusted with a small screwdriver.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
its not a switch its a time delay unit fitted in to the fans electrics, i know you can buy the 240 volt version from retailers like b&q but 12 volt will be a problem. if you have a knowledge of electrics you could buy a multi voltage variable timer from maplins or rs components and conect this in line with you existing fans wiring, but do you really need it ? heat rises and your roof vent is more than capable of removing the excess steam and odours from your van. just more weight if you ask me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts