Loch Ken Holiday Park, Castle Douglas, Scotland

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
We are planning on staying here, while my husband does a wind surfing course at the local sailing club, but don't know whether to take the tent of the caravan, as the approach road looks tricky.

Has anyone stayed here?

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Deborah

I thought I'd reply as no one else has. I know the area quite well as I worked near Castle Douglas for 2+ years before college and fell in love with the area. That was in the 1970's but I have frequently returned with my family. Although I've not stayed at Loch Ken it is a beautiful area.

I found these reviews on UKC which may help.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?page=2&revid=3240
Have a lovely time in beautiful Galloway. As the reviews say CD is an interesting town (Castle Douglas that is!) and I would second, and third, the recommendation for the Ice cream farm.

Regards

Tim

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Deborah.

Ive in Dumfries which is not far from Loch ken and Castle Douglas. And as far as i know the approach road is quite good and hopefully would'nt cause you any problems.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Rockcliffe beach is so nice as there is sandy bits,rocky bits, shell beach, grassy bits by the beach.Tide comes in and goes out quite fast.It was like someone had pulled a plug on the bay! Hope i am in the right area here..Maybe Dalbeatie closer but i do remember popping to Castle Douglas too.

Caroline

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi We have stayed at this site with the caravan. The approach road is no problem in fact it is a lovelly drive. You will need levelling blocks as site is not flat, but it is on the shores of the loch.Have a nice time.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
hi deborah

yes we have stayed at loch ken many times and the road to it is no problem with a van, as helen has said you may need levelers as the site is not level the narest town is dalbeatie but castle douglas is only about 10miles away. enjoy your stay the only thing to bear in mind is the time of year you go, while it must be said that the "midgus calidonius biter" is not as prevelent at the side of a freshwater loch as it is by the sea it should not be ignored and adequate protection should be taken.

ken

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts