loch ness caravan park

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I stayed on this site a couple of years ago, it's a long narrow site right on the bank of the loch. Try to get a pitch away from the bar as there are a few pitches right next to it where I was, it's not a noisy bar but you feel very overlooked. Take lots of insect repellent the midgies are rife but it's a beatiful site and well worth a stay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I stayed on this site a couple of years ago, it's a long narrow site right on the bank of the loch. Try to get a pitch away from the bar as there are a few pitches right next to it where I was, it's not a noisy bar but you feel very overlooked. Take lots of insect repellent the midgies are rife but it's a beatiful site and well worth a stay.
thanks for your reply will bear your comments in mind

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you all booked up to go there?

It is a long narrow site....just off the main road,so you cant realy walk to and from anywhere..there is a tiny,tiny,very lovely little shingle beach area which is used primeraly by the campers.A small park with broken swings ect.It has a bar and evening entertainment ,I think it also does meals.It is in an area of outstanding beauty but i would not personaly go back to this park..there is a terrific one just a few miles down the road at Fort Augustas.Anyway you may realy enjoy it ...the scenery is stunning.Good luck.

This site is absolutely amazing, the views are breath taking and the welcome and the site are top. Make sure you get a pitch right on the bank, I did not find the bar a problem at all, not far to walk back after a meal and a drink. I do however agree the midges were a nightmare. But in the two weeks we were there we only saw them once, it had rained everyday a little, but the day it did not the water was calm, the sun was out and the little blighters went for the killing. They did not seem to bite me (I normally get bitten and react to alot of insects), they were just in you face, and annoying. The next day they had disappeared.

I love it there and hope to go back soon.

Michelle x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This site is absolutely amazing, the views are breath taking and the welcome and the site are top. Make sure you get a pitch right on the bank, I did not find the bar a problem at all, not far to walk back after a meal and a drink. I do however agree the midges were a nightmare. But in the two weeks we were there we only saw them once, it had rained everyday a little, but the day it did not the water was calm, the sun was out and the little blighters went for the killing. They did not seem to bite me (I normally get bitten and react to alot of insects), they were just in you face, and annoying. The next day they had disappeared.

I love it there and hope to go back soon.

Michelle x
thanks for your input nice to get someone elses point of veiw

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you all booked up to go there?

It is a long narrow site....just off the main road,so you cant realy walk to and from anywhere..there is a tiny,tiny,very lovely little shingle beach area which is used primeraly by the campers.A small park with broken swings ect.It has a bar and evening entertainment ,I think it also does meals.It is in an area of outstanding beauty but i would not personaly go back to this park..there is a terrific one just a few miles down the road at Fort Augustas.Anyway you may realy enjoy it ...the scenery is stunning.Good luck.
thanks for your reply comments taken already booked

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts