Locks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian - a stabiliser lock will give you peace of mind at the M/Way services, but you mustn't tow with it attached as in the case of an accident the van cannot be seperated from the car. Ours doesn't get dirty as we cover the hitch with the Dealer's cover when the van is parked, and take the lock off when towing. WD40 keeps it working ok.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike: I think you've misunderstood the purpose of a hitch lock.

It is only for security use when the van is parked up.

Most of them have heavy duty plastic weatherproof covers which just need a sponge over.

On any reputable make, it is impossible to tow with the hitchlock attached anyway, as the locking plate goes where the towball is.

They are like all anti-theft deterrents, another reason to make the would be thief look for easier pickings.

There is nothing quite like that 'empty' feeling when you discover that your van isn't where you left it!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i have recently purchased a new van after my last one burned down which never had an al-ko stabaliser on it. i bought and AL-KO 2004 second hand but when the dealer went to fit it , they said it needed a rubber gaitor from AL-KO. The guy that sold me this told me that this is not the case and that all rubber gaitors are universal. Does anyone know if i need to buy a gaitor , thanxs in advance

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts