LOL - I've been ..........

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Lol thankyou for asking where I have been recently - I will tell you why I do not converse on here very often now.

I received an e-mail from the moderator slapping me on the wrists for calling somebody a half wit telling me thatt his sort of behaviour was not acceptable - when he/she seems to allow people to talk about swinging and the innuendos about gay lifestyles. People have been called worse things than that and seem to have got away with it!!

I also think that this forum is getting less and less about caravanning and more about peoples over inflated ego's (yes Kanga/Billy and Larry/Ann I mean you) who feel the need to hide behind various personalities contributing only useless and unhelpful comments.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Monkey, Sorry to hear that you've been slapped.

As someone who commented on one of your earlier postings (windbreaks & unsociable people, I think it was?) I must reiterate what I felt then 'You do sometimes appear aggressive in your replies' However I also feel that we are, in the main, all adult enough to agree to disagree on certain subjects, and although we had 'words' I most certainly didn't take offence having given as good as I got - so to speak.

I totally agree with your comments re- the forum & ego's, but I do think the Mod's are trying their best to try & clean this up. It appears that sometimes they can be a bit over zealous and I think this is the case where you are concerned. Please don't let it deter you from posting, I enjoy a good rant now & again. Keep smiling. Regards Gooner.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Monkey, what did you do with your husband to get him off the computer? In fact don't answer that, don't want to give my dearest any ideas. Ok, all present, one pace forwards all those that haven't had an email from the Mod, yes, even little old innocent me and I'm betting quite a few of us have had the calling. Most of us have needed to be reigned in, but freedom of speech still remains, and that can only be good. There are defiantly problems with the forum as it stands, but at the same time, you have to admit, it has its high points. Feel free to post again, as has already been picked up on by Gooner, you both are strong headed, but as long as you can listen as well, there should be no reason to feel intimidated when you post.

If I was you, think about coming to the meet too, we need all sorts of characters there, the meek and mild to the bold and strong, it's one of the reasons we participate in this hobby, to meet and greet someone new.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Aah! Monkey - Your problem is being too literal!!

What you have to say is that Mr X does not have the brains of a half wit.

Then when you are instructed to retract that statement you can in honesty say that Mr x DOES have the brains of a half wit.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Monkey

Please don't take offence. There has to be a line somewhere and with such diverse characters as we have on our forum it's very hard to find the right balance.

I'm bound to get it wrong sometimes.

Mod1

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hubby and I have been speaking about coming to the meet - we are very interested in how it's going to pan out - we are going to run a book on how long it takes Kanga to reveal himself as himself, how long before the old (yawn) 4x4 debate kicks off and following that what time the first arrest is to be made - but fear not I have connections with the UN and I am awaiting Kofi's confirmed attendance.

Clive thanks for your advice I will remember that in future.

As for putting a face to the name - remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts