LOLLY IS ON HOLIDAY!!

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Guys

Well, we are off tomorrow (sat) for 7 days in the peak district, our first time out in our caravan. Am I nervous, you bet!! I am taking bets on we are sure to forget something, I did write a list this week but I have lost it!

Now, while I am away, could you all be very nice to each other, and bear the following in mind :-

Sparkes (Steve) - don't go falling down any more stairs, that is not the way to get attention!

Lol and Lisa - Don't drink all that alcoholic chocolate stuff, I will be checking the bottle quota when I return!!

Tina - no more (hopefully) anyone driving into your caravan!

Big Roy - Keep on rockin'!

Hopefully that australian marsupial doesn't rear it's ugly head again - for all our sakes!

AND FINALLY

Dear old Lord B - hope you received the holiday request slip in time and can find a replacement Door Monitor and Head Welcomer for the duration! - I will resume my post upon my safe return!

I shall be around all day today in between loading up the van - chat later!

Lolly x

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Have a great time. It was not so long back that we did our first outing so I will give you a bit of advice.

1, remember to ventilate the van. water will run down the walls if you don't

2, The Awning. NO DEVORCE TALK! and put it up slowly and with a cuppa handy

3, You forgot something. Honestly. (remember the gas spanner)

4, You are using red gas bottles arn't you?

5, keep a container of water in the van, that way if it freezes you can still make a cuppa while the outside containers thaw

6, Take a book, you will be amazed at how much time you have to relax

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Have a great time. It was not so long back that we did our first outing so I will give you a bit of advice.

1, remember to ventilate the van. water will run down the walls if you don't

2, The Awning. NO DEVORCE TALK! and put it up slowly and with a cuppa handy

3, You forgot something. Honestly. (remember the gas spanner)

4, You are using red gas bottles arn't you?

5, keep a container of water in the van, that way if it freezes you can still make a cuppa while the outside containers thaw

6, Take a book, you will be amazed at how much time you have to relax
do we need to keep one of the roof vents open over night to stop condensation?

can we leave the heater on all night if it's cold?

yes we are on red bottles

any further advice gratefully received from anyone!!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Lolly

You can leave the heater on all night, just remember to turn it down and run it off the electric.

I was told to open a few windows just a little to vent for condensation. When we went away earlier this year we forgot, the following morning there was water everywhere

Steve

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Lolly

You can leave the heater on all night, just remember to turn it down and run it off the electric.

I was told to open a few windows just a little to vent for condensation. When we went away earlier this year we forgot, the following morning there was water everywhere

Steve
thanks for that!!

Lolly x

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Lolly I don't know the age of your van but if it is a newish one if you look at the window catches there are two settings on them, one is fully closed and the other is slightly open, this is the night setting.

You can leave the awning side windows open a bit more if you wish and don't forget to check that they are fully closed when you leave,

have a blast

Roy

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Lolly I don't know the age of your van but if it is a newish one if you look at the window catches there are two settings on them, one is fully closed and the other is slightly open, this is the night setting.

You can leave the awning side windows open a bit more if you wish and don't forget to check that they are fully closed when you leave,

have a blast

Roy
Thanks Roy,

I'ts a 2004 van, will check the windows.

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had a word with the big guy upstairs Lolly, he's going to give you a few days of good weather, take advantage of them, get sun burned not freezer burned. Speaking of him upstairs, where is CliveV these days, it's gone awfully quiet!

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
I have had a word with the big guy upstairs Lolly, he's going to give you a few days of good weather, take advantage of them, get sun burned not freezer burned. Speaking of him upstairs, where is CliveV these days, it's gone awfully quiet!
cheers Lol!!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Lolly be safe hunny but most of all just have fun! things will go wrong but as long as you get there and back safe thats all that matters !! Take care

Tina x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Lolly be safe hunny but most of all just have fun! things will go wrong but as long as you get there and back safe thats all that matters !! Take care

Tina x
Thanks Tina

Bit worried about the weather, (woke up to snow this morning)! but we will enjoy ourselves whatever!

Speak to you when we get back

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Guys!

We are in Bakewell today, 3 inches of snow - it has snowed since we got here on saturday!

It's been a scream so far, got the car stuck in mud (with the van still on it) when we arrived on Sat, but a really nice man helped us out.

Been a catalogue of disasters ever since, but we laugh and are enjoying ourselves.

Will post when we get home on Sat

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Great that your enjoying yourselves Lolly, bring that catalogue of disasters back with you, I might want to look through that and pick a nice one out!

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Guys and Gals

Off again tomorrow to Lincoln, until saturday - husband on a course - us girlies going shopping!! hope it goes better this time around!!

Lord B, I shall be watching you!!

Will catch up with the postings when I get home - I will miss you all!!

Lolly x

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Byeeeeeeeeee lolly - have a nice time and take care, dont want you talking to much and wearing your jaw out though - if thats possible with a female. My Missus never stops yappin' because she has a fear of lockjaw.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Byeeeeeeeeee lolly - have a nice time and take care, dont want you talking to much and wearing your jaw out though - if thats possible with a female. My Missus never stops yappin' because she has a fear of lockjaw.
cheers chuck - speak on sat, be good!!!

Lolly x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts