Longleat Caravan site

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
My Wife has been looking at the TV program animal world and it has wetted her appitite to go back there after an absence of 30 odd years ( with me of course).We are in the C&CC but not in CC, but we are thinking of joining CC and as their site is in Longleat i wonder if anybody can tell us what the site is like mainly for noise as i should imagine the rest is ok. Much obliged if you can give info.

Robert

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Robert,

The biggest problem at Longleat is getting a booking.I've just checked the web site and every weekend in June and July is booked......August is fully booked every day.At the moment Sept is clear!! Hope this helps you.

Maureen

May 12, 2007
Visit site
Robert,

The biggest problem at Longleat is getting a booking.I've just checked the web site and every weekend in June and July is booked......August is fully booked every day.At the moment Sept is clear!! Hope this helps you.

Maureen
Hiya,

We're going to Longleat on Sunday for five nights, we're really looking forward to it.

I guess that some one will tell you all about before we get back, but I'm more than happy to let you know whats like.

Becky

May 12, 2007
Visit site
Sorry posted this in the wrong place - I'm still learning!!

Hiya,

We're going to Longleat on Sunday for five nights, we're really looking forward to it.

I guess that some one will tell you all about before we get back, but I'm more than happy to let you know whats like.

Becky

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Rebecca,

My son & family went last year & the children requested to return this year......so that's a pretty good recommendation.

I thought about it recently and then found it was heavily booked so will maybe go later in the year.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hiya,

Becky
Looking forward to your reply , have a great time.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Robert

This lovely site is quiet - well away from any roads - the only noise is from animals - sea lions, lions but infrequent and part of the charm.

A Family Pass is best value - it covers ALL and works out much cheaper than individual prices. We used Tesco 'Days Out' Vouchers so it cost us nothing. The site is immaculate and only a couple of hundred yards from the house, railway, pets corner etc. Do not miss the 'House Guided Tour' which includes the 'Artworks' private rooms etc.

We thoroughly enjoyed our weeks stay which we needed to cover all the 'attractions'.

Mike

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Robert

This lovely site is quiet - well away from any roads - the only noise is from animals - sea lions, lions but infrequent and part of the charm.

A Family Pass is best value - it covers ALL and works out much cheaper than individual prices. We used Tesco 'Days Out' Vouchers so it cost us nothing. The site is immaculate and only a couple of hundred yards from the house, railway, pets corner etc. Do not miss the 'House Guided Tour' which includes the 'Artworks' private rooms etc.

We thoroughly enjoyed our weeks stay which we needed to cover all the 'attractions'.

Mike
Thanks Mike for info, you mentioned about animal noises and it brought back the memory of our first visit back in the 60s ,we had travelled by car and got there very early in the morning so parked up in a forest or so it seemed so ,any way the two children were a sleep and a cow came up and started licking the car window so i opened the window to shoosh it off and doing so woke the children and this is the part which we all rememered, there was an almighty roar of a lion and the kids went wild with excitment . I did not know at the time how far we were from the park but it made us have a good look around in case we had gone where we should not have .

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
We went last year and were thoroughly impressed (apart from the weather and the long walk up hill to the Bath arms!) It's a thrill hearing the sea lions but there was very little other noise. One trip around the safari park simply wasn't enough but if you value your car please take the park bus. It could save you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts