Looe, Cornwall

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone stayed at the CC site in Looe? all comments welcome, we are planning to visit Cornwall during summer 05 and as usual I am planning ahead.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've not stayed at this site but I did ask this question a couple of months back on this forum. Only a couple of people responded and, as I recall, there no very negative comments, although they did both mention that the pitches were a bit cramped/close together.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Dave, why the low response? strange that a similar request about Edinburgh has received 5 replies within a couple of days.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went to Looe CC site this year and have been previously a couple of years ago, lovely site, some pitches are close together, hardstands have plenty of room. Swimming pool, tennis courts, crazy golf all on site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I stayed here for two weeks in Aug 04. Yes the pitches are a bit cramped together, but on the positive side, it does have an outside pool, which only goes to about 5 and a half foot deep and is lovely and warm. It has tennis courts, childrens play area and crazy golf. My family enjoyed the site and met some great families, shame the weather was'nt nicer but thats England for you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Excellent Site, we spend 2 weeks here every year. Loads for my daughter to do onsite, cornish pasties at site shop are the best. Pool great, great beaches nearby. Looe the town is excellent, we go every night and just walk around sit and watch the tide come in. Dave's diner is best for Fish and Chips near fish market.

The site on the down side is a little over due for a face lift. There are not enough showers and they are old and out of date. My daughter and I shower in the van. The site is very busy and grass pitches are small, if you want peace and quiet try the site at Tintagel.

But we will be back next year we just love the place.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We spent the recent half-term week at the end of October on the site. We managed to get one of the hard standing pitches at the bottom of the site, which gave us ample room and good views. There was some refurbishment work in evidence while we were there, but that said, this would only serve to enhance what were already very good and, as ever on CC sites, spotlessly clean facilities. Pool was closed, so can't offer a comment on that, nor can we say how well the facilities would stand up to peak season volumes, it is a very large site. During the time we were there the Coast was battered with severe gales and storms and we took a bit of hammering for two nights, including the town and port flooding severely. Nevertheless we had an excellent time and would certainly go back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts