looking for a site for a first time trip

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have received conformation that our new caravan will arrive in time for Easter

It will be the first time that we will have towed and set up the van, we are looking for some were close and easy for our first break away

The site has to be easy to get to and a good site to get the caravan set up and enough facilities to get us through Easter if we cant get things working.

We live in Lancashire, and have 3 kids we would be grateful of any suggested sites to get us started.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would suggest joining one of the CC or CCC and use one of their sites local to you as usually if you have any problems then there is usually lots of help around.

I also think that it would be advatageous to youselves to set up the caravan and awning (if you are using one)a couple of times at home or if this is not possible again go to a site close to home just for the day

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I forgot to mention in my previous posting to ensure that your dealer goes through all item in your caravan thoroughly several times if neccessaryto ensure you are fully conversant with the van and would suggest you try a towing course with either of the clubs these give lots of general info as well as towing skills

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would agree with Alb about using a Caravan Club site, they are usually excellent with very hepful wardens. Easter can be busy time so I would find a site soon and make a booking. Turning up without a reservation could prove to be disastrous. Good preplanning, for both the journey and the stay will help ensure you have a good trip. Most of all enjoy it. Happy travels BarryB.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the advice

We have joined the caravan club The person who owns the storage site said there is plenty of space to have a play with the caravan and awning there so we will probably do that

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Think about Royal Umpire site (Southport Rd, Croston, Nr Preston). Childrens play area, electric hookup, good toilet/shower blocks, good pub across road for meals (children OK). I like it for good dog-walking along a nearby river, small shop on site, village shops not too far away. Good caravan accessories nearby for things you forget !

Enjoy

Peter T

Oct 18, 2004
Visit site
I can recommend Abbey Farm near Ormskirk, good clean friendly site with lots of room for the kids to play, you will find you will always get lots of offers of help when you are setting up..relax and enjoy yourselves.

TRENDING THREADS