Looking for opinions?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just back from our Cornwall trip and we have developed a stange noise in the caravan, and no, for the heathens it isnt wind. :p

Rear near side steady area has developed a sharp knocking sound when walking towards the shower cubicle which sounds like metal on wood.

Initial thoughts were the leg was either damaged or simply moving. Repeated adjustments didnt cure it, and under the caravan with the leg semi retracted, I cannot get any sound from the leg at all despite waggling it about as hard as I can. No funnies please at that last statement. :)

The issue seems to be floor related but isnt a sound I would associate with a floor problem. I know its a real grey area but any thoughts guys?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Just back from our Cornwall trip and we have developed a stange noise in the caravan, and no, for the heathens it isnt wind. :p

Rear near side steady area has developed a sharp knocking sound when walking towards the shower cubicle which sounds like metal on wood.

Initial thoughts were the leg was either damaged or simply moving. Repeated adjustments didnt cure it, and under the caravan with the leg semi retracted, I cannot get any sound from the leg at all despite waggling it about as hard as I can. No funnies please at that last statement. :)

The issue seems to be floor related but isnt a sound I would associate with a floor problem. I know its a real grey area but any thoughts guys?

My Bailey did that but near to the door. I thought it was a spongy floor but as Nigel says it was a chassis -floor fastening and a quick job just to retighten it.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
My Bailey did that but near to the door. I thought it was a spongy floor but as Nigel says it was a chassis -floor fastening and a quick job just to retighten it.

Torqued I hope B)

Doesnt appear to have any lose bolts, just been for a looksee.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:

Torqued I hope B)

Doesnt appear to have any lose bolts, just been for a looksee.

No retightened, as I couldn’t find any torque data. So I slackened it off applied some torque lock and retightened by hand using my experience to judge when I had nipped it up sufficiently. Did not consider it to be torque critical like running gear or hitch components. Never had any further problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts