Loose Wheel Arch Spat.

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Good morning.
When I removed the wheel arch draught excluder from my 2016 Coachman VIP 575/4 I noticed the plastic wheel arch trim or spat, I believe they are also called was coming away from the side of the caravan. When I pulled it out about 5mm I could tell it was firmly fixed at each lower end but there was no sign of a fitting at the top where it was loose.
The link below shows that there should be three black plastic fittings or brackets which somehow attach the spat to the caravan wall. The advert states that the middle bracket just like mine is missing too so, it's seems it's not an uncommon thing.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/29399786...403035015347&abcId=9300867&merchantid=7449464
Does anyone know how the spat is fitted and how I should go about replacing the missing bracket please?
Thank you.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I quite agree John.
During my search I found an brand new OE one for £160!!
Fortunately I don't need one.

Steve

That's simply crazy. I wonder what Coachman official spares would charge.

Thinking about it. It would seem the spat does not need to create a seal. I would squeeze blob of mastic behind it, hold it back while it sets, and clean off any that comes out. It would stay put but still come off in the future if it needs to.

John

Reactions: Paullus1959

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts