Loss of pitches

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Very true. A new static can cost you in excess of £40k and then 10 years later you are lucky to be offered a grand or two so £38k plus interest etc down the pan. The static park owner has you in a clinch hold from whence there is little escape if they have a 10 year term on the pitch plus of course you have the annual cost for services etc which is normally another 3 -4 grand.
[/QUOTE
In the case I was referring to I am afraid £700 is the norm so do be aware of that pitfall.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
My friend who is a local courts bailiff has spent the majority of the last 3 months reclaiming static caravans and changing locks , even today he is doing it . Hapless people buying static caravans who can not afford them and do not understand the costs of service fees and the finance , it is the finance company’s repossessing these vans at a rate he has never seen in his 30 year history

the next time share scandal the mid selling of static caravans to people who cannot afford them and thought it was a good idea at the time ....

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This may be due to redundancy problems. My daughter who suffered this and has now started with NHS 24 found air crew and a chef in with her as they were desperate for the money. There are a lot of people out there with little or no serious income and the static could be something they can do without. Redundancy survival requires you to have worked for the same firm for some time or have a good redundancy package or you could be in trouble.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
This may be due to redundancy problems. My daughter who suffered this and has now started with NHS 24 found air crew and a chef in with her as they were desperate for the money. There are a lot of people out there with little or no serious income and the static could be something they can do without. Redundancy survival requires you to have worked for the same firm for some time or have a good redundancy package or you could be in trouble.

You have to have a minimum of 2 years service .
Too many using finance for cars and statics just throwing their money away and then moan they cannot afford a house .... So rely on council . The FOMO generation - look it up.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You have to have a minimum of 2 years service .
Too many using finance for cars and statics just throwing their money away and then moan they cannot afford a house .... So rely on council . The FOMO generation - look it up.
There must be a lot out there who have lost their jobs or seen their income slashed who despite looking for alternative employment have not been successful in finding new employment. I know from family experience that getting rent support is not as easy as some would think and even should they get that support the days of just picking up a nice council place are long gone. You will be using that money to find yourself a place in the private rental market, assuming that is that the landlord accepts benefits tenants. Those with mortgages aren’t eligible for housing benefit only universal credit.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
This is the point many who thought static was the way to go for THEM have realised that it’s a bit more commitment in a world where commitment is sparse, now back to the touring caravan - the equivalent of ships on a ocean who can pull into any port that will take them with minimal commitment, hence the price of used caravans has increased as they have become more desirable , I just hope those that have elected for a touring caravan can legally tow .... there is whole different conversation to be had .....

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Baron, I think your thoughts on the number of people who have bought a touring caravan, and not realised what the licence requirment are must be many. But I also wonder how many will be pulled up, unless their outfit looks stupidly wrong.

Nov 4, 2020
Visit site
Baron, I think your thoughts on the number of people who have bought a touring caravan, and not realised what the licence requirment are must be many. But I also wonder how many will be pulled up, unless their outfit looks stupidly wrong.

yes indeed the pre 97 rule etc, I was pre 97, I have cat C and C+E it elapsed 5 years ago as o don’t drive HGV anymore . All I will say if a VOSA station does a random pull up it could be a very expensive day out. I do believe there is not enough info relayed on the legality of towing and license.
I believe they have a computer system that does a Vehicle check and legal owner, agree though unless looking an issue nose wise it will not draw attention

the one between Carlisle and Gretna pulls a lot of people over-by the shell garage

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts