Lost keys can I get them replaced need help first time owner

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a note of the key number, or is it in any of the caravan documents? How old is the caravan, if you contact the maker with proof of ownership they may be able to provide you the required information. From your note it looks as if you have different keys for the storage box compared to the door, or thetford box. Without knowing the alarm type and caravan type etc its a bit difficult to advise more precisely. My current car only came with a single remote and by looking at its original documents I was able to obtain the info that allowed locksmith to make me another remote key, but he required the single key in order to copy the codes into the new key

Reactions: Beachball
May 10, 2020
Visit site
Do you have a note of the key number, or is it in any of the caravan documents? How old is the caravan, if you contact the maker with proof of ownership they may be able to provide you the required information. From your note it looks as if you have different keys for the storage box compared to the door, or thetford box. Without knowing the alarm type and caravan type etc its a bit difficult to advise more precisely. My current car only came with a single remote and by looking at its original documents I was able to obtain the info that allowed locksmith to make me another remote key, but he required the single key in order to copy the codes into the new key
Thanks I look at documents to see if I can sorted again thanks

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
An example for you, the Hartal door lock as fitted to Avondale, Elddis, etc caravans have keys WDxxx (3 digits). It is likely that the same coded lock barrel will be fitted to the lock(s) on the gas bottle locker, the battery box and the two key locks on the toilet and filler. I have 2 complete sets of keys that include hitch and wheel lock keys, but also have a WDxxx on my house/car keyring so I can enter the caravan without the 'full set' being used. This is handy at home but also on holiday where the full set can be left in the car glove box and the additional key used. These keys are available on Ebay around the £3.50 each so can be purchased while caravan dealers and stores are closed. You can buy a lock barrel and 2 keys with either a short 'tang' for lockers or long 'tang' for entry doors for £6.95. If you can find the key code in documentation then you have an easy answer!

Reactions: Beachball
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Nit sure where you bought the caravan so cannot be sure what you have. The dealer did include the key number on the front of the document folder handed over when we bought the caravan, many will have it somewhere in the handover documents. This was on a caravan where one key fits everything.
If you mean by the storage box, the locker over the A frame and this has the round keys they are difficult to obtain, as I found out when I thought I had lost one. You would probably need them replaced.
If it is a side locker and has a different key then it sounds like it has been replaced at some point which would mean the key number may not be recorded.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
We now see that the van is a Swift Fairway, a 'Challenger' special edition van, sold through the Broad Lane dealership (Kenilworth) and maybe other dealerships. The lock is a version of the Hartal Lock, so you may still be able to buy matched keys online. There may be a dealer ID plate on the van or named in the documentation in which case you have another avenue to explore.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hoe they are not tirmark keys as fitted to my previous Elddis. These are American locks and it is not possible to get the correct blank to have them cut. Elddis wanted a huge sum, and then you had to buy keys and new barrels s ended up with only two keys when I actually wanted 3.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you get the key number it might be worth getting quotes as Lunar were apparently charging £125 before they went down.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts