Lounge type seating and fixed single beds

Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
Advancing senility in both wy wife and myself is beginning to cause problems in our caravanning.

We either give up, reluctantly, or find a way of incorporating some kind of easy chair type seating in the lounge area.

The typical bunk arrangement in our van is severely aggravating my wife's dodgy back, often resulting in an early abandonment of our time away in the van.

I would like to be able to rip out the bunk seating, and replace with 2 small easy chairs, but retaining a dining area, and hopefully incorporating single bunk beds at the other end of the van. The design would be---lounge area at the front, with easy chairs, central kitchen/dining area/bathroom, single bunks at the rear.

My existing Lunar Clubman 470/2 is obviously far too small for the job.

I don't know of any manufacturer offering this design, does anybody else out there know any more ?

It may well turn out to be a DIY project, if I can find a basic van that has the room to carry out the conversion.I am ready to part with the Clubman, and go for a much bigger van.

Size of van not really a problem, I tow with a Kia Sorento XS auto.

Any thoughts, or ideas out there, for two old coots trying to extend their caravanning days.

Eddie Poole

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why not get one of the fixed bed type of vans, it would be much easier for you, and much better for your wife's back. One with an L shaped front lounge would be better perhaps if you needed to do any conversion. A Sterling Eccles Opal for instance.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
We have an Elddis Avante 534L, which has a fixed double bed and an "L" shaped lounge, it wouldnt be much of a job to remove the "L" shaped seating and put two easy chairs in this layout as the cupboard layout and TV positioning would be ideal. Tim

May 12, 2005
Visit site
EDDIE,

I have an LMC 520hte twin single beds and rear end bathroom,the tv is mounted centrally as is the kitchen, the lounge is at the front and is U shaped this could be removed allowing space for easy chairs, with out disturbing anything else.

We bought it from Continental Caravans, Cross Hands, S/Wales, they had a wide range of used and new vans, I feel sure they would assist with any conversion.

Good Luck Mate

Tony A.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Eddie,how can I say this without sounding like a complete anorak?

If you are a member of the Caravan Club, go to the website ,log in and go to...Downloading archived Club Magazines.

In Letters find December 05 and download (adobe needed,download available)

There are two letters from people who have done exactly what you are asking, one with a picture.

If you can not access this ,email the mod to pass your address to me and I will post you the mag. Hope this helps. Brian.

Just taking my anorak off as its getting hot in here. (",)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts