Love Caravaning

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi everybody, I enjoy my caravan which is a two berth Sterling Eccles Topaz. Loved my caravaning trips both at home (Ireland) and abroad over the past 35 years, have visited most of Europe during this time in various caravans. Now my wife and myself use our caravan only in Ireland preferring to fly abroad for our main holidays. I beleive my "caravan diy" knowledge will help others in the future to enjoy their caravan. Regards (and a happy new year)

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Brian, welcome to the forum, what part of the old sod are you from?

If you been looking through the forum you will have seen a thread Northern Ireland Caravaners pop in and say hello.

Happy caravaning

wee stevie

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi "wee stevie" thanks for your welcome, my part of the Emerald Isle is Jordanstown Co. Antrim and have found the NI. link, noticed you had already helped someone regarding Touring in the Trees of which I was a member for approx. 10years during this time visited most of their sites and also have a contact in the Forestry Dept.(Stormont House) from where the annual permits are issued. Now I prefer mains electric to enjoy all the onboard mod cons. Where in Ireland are you from? and let me know a little about yourself. Regards, brian.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Brian, We live in Balnamore ( Ballymoney) about 1 mile from Drumheglis Marina, originally from Carrickfergus.

We have been caravanning for 2 years and love it and covered quite a bit of ground, North,South Ireland and Scotland and the North of England.We prefer forest sites to commercial ones.

Hopefully after the new year we might get all the Norn Iron caravaners for a wee meet somewhere.

We have found 2 good sites this year ..Rushin House Belcoo, opened this year and its a nice site, 2nd was Lough Arrow in Boyle co.sligo, adults only and a very good site. do you have any good recomendations ?

regards wee stevie

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian, We live in Balnamore ( Ballymoney) about 1 mile from Drumheglis Marina, originally from Carrickfergus.

We have been caravanning for 2 years and love it and covered quite a bit of ground, North,South Ireland and Scotland and the North of England.We prefer forest sites to commercial ones.

Hopefully after the new year we might get all the Norn Iron caravaners for a wee meet somewhere.

We have found 2 good sites this year ..Rushin House Belcoo, opened this year and its a nice site, 2nd was Lough Arrow in Boyle co.sligo, adults only and a very good site. do you have any good recomendations ?

regards wee stevie
Hi, wee stevie, thanks for a quick reply, going to bed will answer you tomorrow night in more detail, their appears to be four of us from Nth. Ireland on this site would be nice if we could get together early in 2008 .Cheers, Brian.

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Wee Stevie, intended to give you more details about interesting sites visited this year, but due to a family wedding tomorrow in Caronmoney and reception in the Slieve Donard Newcastle (staying overnight) so will contact you on my return, probably New Years night. Just like you we prefer forest sites . Intend to visit the two sites you mentioned next year. We found some interesting sites in West Cork (pub on site) and two sites in Wicklow (lovely area), going back to Wicklow for Easter

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Wee Stevie, got distracted over the last week due to trying to fit an onboard water tank which would make "on the move more enjoyable" any way in Co. Wicklow I found two four star sites both very good (1) Roundwood caravan Park situated in the highest village in Ireland (2) River valley which has its own golf course sports centre plus pub and carry out, lovely little touch is for couples only Cupids Creek which only accepts quite obviously couples which is great when it comes to the weekend and the main site is taken over by children, they intend to have open by 2008 a new area with mains electric water and waste on each site. West Cork was also visited last year but will only forward details later if you are interested interested

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Brian,

Happy new year to you, how did you get on with the onboard tank?

Weve been to River valley in 2006, good site,found the cupids corner after we had settled in.

Hopefully we will get down south this year

wee stevie

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Lovely to hear from you Wee Stevie and a Happy New Year to you and your family, my onboard tank idea is on going,and would like to have it operational for Easter when we intend to go South and to have water onboard "when on the move" would be a bonus. Anyway must try and arrange a weekend away with all Norn. Ireland members this year.

Nov 2, 2006
Visit site
Hello Brain, see you have meet stephen & Gail a lovely couple who we have had the pleasure of meeting in Clare Glen one very wet day. We went to Wicklow few years ago stayed at River Valley fantastic week had by all plenty to do for the kids and we where blessed with the hottest summer we have had in along time. We are heading up to Antrim for easter Six Mile Water stayed there for a weekend last year and really enjoyed it.

Many regards Keith & Jenny

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jennifer, must be a mixup somewhere because I hav'nt met Stephen and Gail,for me Antrim is a bit to close to home, intend to go to Wicklow around Easter although over the past few years have stayed at home Easter weekend and gone away the weekend before and the weekend after when it is much easier to book and not as busy. Cheers

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

I see you have all made plans for easter already and we haven't even thought about it yet. It's not so easy to just get up and go when you have a child so I suppose I need to get my finger out and book somewhere, anyone got any suggestions? We went to Cork last year at Easter weather was fab but it is really early this year so not sure if we want to go just as far. Plus need to get our van sold to make room for the new one!

Karen

Dec 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Karen, a long journey for an extended weekend going to Cork, what was the attraction? Had an overnight stay in Cork last summer when returning from West Cork (Glengarriff, Dowlings caravan park) and then visited Wicklow, which was so enjoyable returned in September for a week to different site and intend to return again around Easter.

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Brian,

We went to Cork last Easter for the week. We stayed in Dublin one night on the way down and then based ourselves in Blarney and just toured arround. We really enjoyed the site really clean and very quiet. Cork is a lovely county so much to see and do. Not too sure what to do this year as we are looking to sell our van.

Karen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts