Lowdham Caravans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies,the reason is,i have recently placed an order for a Pageant Provence sales very good,got a decent deal,quite happy,requested a copy of the factory extras told no problem will send through post with invoice,also there own extras list aswell,never received either of these list.Rang up this week asked for service to obtain these so called list left three messages on voice mail,no body has even bothed to ring back,tried again spoke to salesperson was told busy at the moment will go to service and make sure somebody rings me back,never did.

My thoughts are ,i have not got a problem with my van because i have not got it yet,but what sort of service am i going to get when i get it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Darren, Told you as soon as they have got the deal they don`t want to know you.Service and aftersales depts are rubbish Mention my name or my brothers, to there service manager and he will run a mile G S.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Darren, You may well have seen earlier threads regarding Dealer Performance. I am interested in your comments, but rather than looking at a specific negative, can you identify what aspects of a dealer you would look for, I gathe from your question that the decency to phone back when they say they will is one of them, but what other points would you look for?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lowdhams workshops do their best headed by a guy who puts 'you' first, that's a fact. Yes alright as various have said it does not always work and given the almost universally negative comments one would be hard pushed to believe it. However there is another side and that is firstly, these comments are but a few compared to the total trade. Secondly if they are that bad they would not be as big as they are now. Thirdly and if this is understandable or not, the total trade has to funnel down though the workshops, not withstanding they had a fire last year every single van has to go though before delivery, plus fixing any faults found afterwards. So take on more staff I hear you say, fine, but where from, I am sorry but skilled people do not grow on trees. Lowdhams do their fair share of training but who envisaged what's happened this last two years, the caravan business has grown unbelievable. What do they do?,pay more and pinch them of another local dealer, if so that dealer would be next in the firing line for after sales service, and so it goes on.

I am sorry but firms grow big by offering a good service, it could be another large dealership not Lowdhams suffering under the pressure, but all of them are trying to maintain that quality against the pressure 'you' put on them. You work for a boss, one boss and he's a bloody nuisance sometimes, don't deign it!!. Caravan workshop managers work for hundreds, one of them is YOU?.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So what kind of special training does it take to give this man the information he needs?? Its only a clerical job, how hard can it be to put his information in an envelope to him?? or let him know that they have to wait a few days but its on the way....Its the little things that mean a lot

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bought a new swift challenger from Lowdhams huddersfield the service they provided was excellent when we complain that the caravan had got a dent while they kept it in storage till we could pick it up they were happy to swap for a new one can`t fault them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts