Lower Wensleydale CC Site, Leyburn, N.Yorks

May 15, 2005
Visit site
We have just booked our caravan into Lower Wensleydale caravan club site for the whole 2006 season. we have had to book this unseen as this site is currently closed for the winter,and all other sites seem to be booked up and this only had a couple of pitches left. This is a Managed site and i'm unsure how this compares to normal CC sites, we have also just joined the CC to do this as we are also Newbies to caravanning. Anyone with any info regarding this site your comments good or bad will be appreciated! Also my parents also have a caravan and the idea possibly would be the odd weekend to go off with their caravan to other CC sites however do CC restrict you to one caravan? as obviously our van will be parked on the seasonal pitch. many thanks Andrew.

Jun 12, 2005
Visit site
Andrew

CC site, Leyburn, Spent a couple of weekends there last year, hardly any differant to any other CC site, just a little on the small side, but good facilities, clean and polite staff, walking distance to Leyburn with good food and bars, great area for walking. I am sure you will enjoy it.

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your comments there, A couple of other questions - Were the pitches large or small and were the hardstanding ones large enough for both awning and caravan. Also was there any particular parts of this park nicer to be in than others? any additional comments will be much appreciated, thanks again, Andrew.

May 15, 2005
Visit site
hi there, if anyone has any further comments on the above site good or bad i'd love to hear from you,I past by that way today so decided to call in, it was closed but I was unsure from the entrance it didn't look to good! also does this site have any grass area where i could take the kids to run off a bit of steam from time to time, cheers! Andrew.

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
hi andrew been to this site in september realy nice site. the entrance is not as good as other cc sites but its a realy great site lots of ducks and rabbits with a little streem runing at the bottom of the site. its verry close to a rail track... there is lots of grass areas and pitches are big....

hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

The site which you are asking about is NOT owned by the Club.It is managed by the Club on behalf of the owners.This sometimes means that the Club is restricted in what they would like to do as the owners have the last word.

Hope you enjoy your season there.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
we went last april , our first ever visit. found the entrance awkward and wouldnt like to meet another outfit coming the other way particularly on the s bend hill leading out of the site. the railway wasnt intrusive just a couple of local trains , think it was wensleydale light railway in any case. the site itself was fine although found certain pitches a bit short of manouvering space when other pitches were in use.

having said all that , we are going back first weekend in april, lovely area.

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your comments there much appreciated, What are the toilet and showers like, do they have any family cubicles mainly to give us room to shower our two young daughters.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your comments there much appreciated, What are the toilet and showers like, do they have any family cubicles mainly to give us room to shower our two young daughters.
cant remember about family cubicles but the toilet/ shower facilities are up to the usual club standard , ie , immaculate.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, we were there last year for a couple of days with our 2 youngest kids , the toilet block does not have family cubicles and when we were there the condition of the block was not ,imo, up to cc standards , it would be alright for older children but my 7 year old could not have worked the shower on her own , and by the way there,s no playpark and nowhere to kick a ball about either. It is a nice enough site but its not really set up for younger kids.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts