Lunar caravans

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
We are looking at a 2-4 year old Lunar Lexon which is quite light for it's size, whilst there have been some comments merely suggesting that some others don't like Lunars, what faults have been found?, most of the flak seems to be directed towards Baileys, Swift group and Elddis.

Regards

Gary

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Garfield

We bought a new Lunar in January after looking at ALL manufacturers beforehand. We found that the build quality seemed to be better than Bailey but not as good as Coachman. The continental caravans were better again. The Lunar had many good points in terms of layout, upholstery etc. etc. and one or two nice finishing details and so we bought the Quaser 524. Although it is early days, we have had no problems so far and are pleased with the decision we made.

I have read recently that even Coachman are having problems with quality, so there seems to be no guarantee. At one time Lunar did have a reputation for leaking, so perhaps bear this in mind when looking at the van you have seen.

Good luck and let us know your decision.

Chris

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi gary ,we bought a brand new Lunar Lexon 640 T/A last month ,the first thing i noticed was the lack of mastic all over the roof ,and the big blobs of mastic around the grab handles ,which is what we had on the senator Indiana which we owned last ,and as for leaks ,i would have thought any van suviving the amount of rain we have had this last month and a half must be a good one ,but the one good thing with the Bailey Senator is you get a spare wheel /jack /inboard tank /wheel hub lock ,thats all extra with the Lunar Lexon 640,thats probably why they are lighter

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
We have just returned from Somerset, we own a Lunar Clubman 1992.

With all the rain we had no problems what so ever, even our awing withheld all the rain, but we have a problem with our water heating leaking the last few days which I will post under technical for any help and advice. Liz

Mar 16, 2006
Visit site
We have the Lunar Solaris 2.Fantastic van,changed to this one earlier this year after having the Quaser 524 well pleased with that one as well.No problems with either.Solaris 2 fixed bed And good sized shower room.Not often Lunar mentioned on here perhaps ther are very few problems with them

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought a new Lunar Lexon EW last September having had a Lunar Solar Eclipse 615 prior to that. Great vans, no leaks, easy to tow. The EW has a great washroom and fixed bed. Slightly more expensive than some of its competitors but the materials and build quality seem better.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
What Garfield says about the top bunk in Lunar vans is right. We have a Quasar 615 and we saw our friends new Abbey Cardinal (based on Abbey vogue) at the weekend and the headroom in our van above the bunk was much better. The top bunk in the Abbey is very enclosed and I have heard the same about the bailey bunks. Denise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts