Lunar Delta Ti

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Can anybody help please.
We are new to caravaning and have just bought a 2013 Lunar Delta Ti.
I cant work out how to make the 12 volt cigar type sockets to work. Is there a switch somewhere. :( :(

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
tearoomtom said:
Can anybody help please.
I cant work out how to make the 12 volt cigar type sockets to work. Is there a switch somewhere. :( :(

Do you have a good 12v leisure battery fitted preferably 110ah? Secondly hopefully the master switch is on. Do the lights work when you do not have the Electric Hook up plugged in?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Are you sure the plug you are placing in the socket is long enough to make a good contact?
Can you use a a multi meter to see if the socket is powered?

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I am confused about the reference to the fridge working as the fridge does not work on a battery. We are missing some information but I do not know what it is.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
FrintonMike said:
I am confused about the reference to the fridge working as the fridge does not work on a battery. We are missing some information but I do not know what it is.

The fridge needs a 12v battery to operate. As the caravan should still be under warranty, I suggest that it is taken back to the dealer unless it was purchased privately.
Do you have an owner's manual? Hopefully you have checked all the fuses. Looking from the left to right the 2nd and 3rd fuses are for the fridge and battery. Above that the first bank of double switch is for the fridge.
Go to the control panel and press the switch at the top and in the middle. This indicates the voltage supplied by the battery however is just a test.
I am looking at the wiring diagram in the owner's manual, but it is not the easiest one to understand, however none of the cigarette sockets seem to on the diagram. Maybe get in a mobile technician to sort out the 12v electrics if the caravan was bought privately.
BTW is the battery charger switched on?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
tearoomtom said:
Hi what we are missing is knowledge. My Fridge works on gas/mains/12 volt battery

Note - a caravan fridge will only 'fully operate' off 12v, without supplementary gas or mains, under one condition, viz whilst it is being towed. And then the fridge is only able to maintain its low temperature, NOT take the temp from ambient to chilled. Whilst towed it is being powered from the car engine, not from the battery. As stated further up in this thread use from the 12v battery is for controls only, not for cooling as the power drain is too much.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
tearoomtom said:
Hi what we are missing is knowledge. My Fridge works on gas/mains/12 volt battery

Apologies as the fridge is not in the equation. Got confused due to another post. Did you buy the caravan privately or from a dealership? Is there an owners handbook with the caravan?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
tearoomtom said:
You can probably tell that I am new to this.

We are here to help newbies but newbies must also help themselves. Have you got the owner's ahndbook and is the service history up todate?
Did you buy the caravan from a dealer or privately? If privately then get a AWS tech to check the caravan. Here is a link that you can check.
search

If you were near to us in Worcester I would pop over and check it for you.

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Bought 2 weeks ago and first service was done in October on the anniversary of it being purchased new.
I have done all the checks and everything is OK.
Thanks for infp.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
tearoomtom said:
Bought 2 weeks ago and first service was done in October on the anniversary of it being purchased new.
I have done all the checks and everything is OK.
Thanks for infp.

Sorry to harp on about it, but did you buy from a dealer or not?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
tearoomtom said:
No private . I have had cris done. and I have checked with Lunar and transferred the warranty and Lunar have had the damp report and 1st service copy

I think that the thread has come up with as much as can be suggested, however have you used a multimeter to check the cigarette sockets?
If Lunar have transferred the warranty then if possible I suggest taking it back to the dealer that did the first service and asking them to repair the 12v sockets under warranty. Hopefully they are not too far from your location.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Whar exactly are you looking to connect to this 12v terminal? Is it a ciggy Iighter socket or a two pin 12v socket?

The OP is referring to the 12v cigarette socket in the caravan not working when something is plugged into it like a 12v charger or 12v TV.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
tearoomtom said:
Can anybody help please.

Either there is a fault with the supply or the appliance you are trying to power.
Try the appliance in the socket of a car to make sure it is not faulty.
If it is working in the car socket but not in the caravan socket then there is no power at the socket.
The socket will have a fuse located somewhere and this should be checked first.
The location of the fuse should be shown in your handbook.
I believe these sockets can only cope with up to 10 amps and it is common for them to be overloaded so probably the previous owner of the caravan has blown the fuse.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
tearoomtom said:
Can anybody help please.

The socket will have a fuse located somewhere and this should be checked first.
The location of the fuse should be shown in your handbook.
I believe these sockets can only cope with up to 10 amps and it is common for them to be overloaded so probably the previous owner of the caravan has blown the fuse.
The issue is that the sockets are not shown on the wiring diagra or least ways I cannot find them. I have a pdf file of the owner's handbook, but cannot attach it to the thread. Anyway as the caravan is under warranty, the OP can take it to a dealer for a free repair under warranty.

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
We have a 2013 Lunar Clubman - not too dissimilar to the Delta TI being discussed here.

When we bought it new, we were supplied with 3 red 12V plugs to replace any which were already attached to 12V appliances. these are a bit longer than the standard ones. At first we didn't use them, but we always had problems, having to wiggle the plugs in the sockets & really press them home hard. I tried replacing the plug on our 240V invertor & the difference was immediate. Worked 1st time every time without the hassle of pressing & wiggling to make the connection. I would suggest that this may be the cause of the problem.

The caravan is in storage, otherwise I would post a picture to show the plugs which were supplied by Lunar.

Jim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts