Lunar quasar 615

Aug 3, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone have this model? we are thinking of purchasing one at 14k also like the crusdaer superstorm but not sure if it is worth the extra money.

Is it worth waiting for the nec show are we likely to get a better deal?

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Kirsty

I am probably going to get my ear chewed for this, but I was talking to a man who services caravans earlier this week and he advised me to stay away from Swift's and Lunars, as they leak and are known as "leaky Lunar's"

I can't comment on this as we have a Bailey, but good luck in your search!

Lolly x

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Kirsty, We have a 2005 Lunar Quasar 615 and it is fab. Don't take too much notice of what Lolly said, I have been looking at this forum for almost a year now and actually Lunars don't get mentioned any more than other makes re problems and niggles.We got our van last Nov and have been away several times this year. Last week we were at Bude and had rain for the first time and it hammered it down during the night. I was laying there thinking I'm going to hear drips, but no leaks anywhere. We love the layout as we have 3 little ones and its great when they are tucked up in bed at the end of the van. The double bed is VERY comfortable, my husband sleeps better in the van than at home! The only downside to our van is that on the 2005 model there is not a separate shower cubicle, but the van was a real bargain we saved about four thousand pounds off the new price and we could have the van right away. We don't shower in the van , we tend to go to sites with decent facilities and use those. Any questions please ask but as I say don't be put off by the Leaky lunar thing, I think this may have been a problem in much older vans. One last thing my husband says it is a dream to tow. Denise

Aug 3, 2006
Visit site
Kirsty, We have a 2005 Lunar Quasar 615 and it is fab. Don't take too much notice of what Lolly said, I have been looking at this forum for almost a year now and actually Lunars don't get mentioned any more than other makes re problems and niggles.We got our van last Nov and have been away several times this year. Last week we were at Bude and had rain for the first time and it hammered it down during the night. I was laying there thinking I'm going to hear drips, but no leaks anywhere. We love the layout as we have 3 little ones and its great when they are tucked up in bed at the end of the van. The double bed is VERY comfortable, my husband sleeps better in the van than at home! The only downside to our van is that on the 2005 model there is not a separate shower cubicle, but the van was a real bargain we saved about four thousand pounds off the new price and we could have the van right away. We don't shower in the van , we tend to go to sites with decent facilities and use those. Any questions please ask but as I say don't be put off by the Leaky lunar thing, I think this may have been a problem in much older vans. One last thing my husband says it is a dream to tow. Denise
Dear Denise,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question, it is good to hear from someone who has this van. I think it is the one we are going to go for, we are going to make the dealer and offer as we know he still has 2 to sell.

Thanks again

Kirsty

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Kirsty, have you seen the post on the general section about the leaking bessacarr, and actually there aren,t many posts on here about Lunars. Hope you get the van you will love it. Denise

Mar 16, 2006
Visit site
Kirsty,It is not very often that I post on here but I have a 2004 Lunar Quaser 524,Brilliant, no problems at all. It would be interesting to see what other Lunar owners think.

Jul 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I was in your position a couple of months ago, we wanted a 6 berth twin axle van with sleeping areas at opposite ends.

The cheapest I could find which ticked all the must have boxes was the Lunar Quasar. I considered it good value for the money at

Aug 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I was in your position a couple of months ago, we wanted a 6 berth twin axle van with sleeping areas at opposite ends.

The cheapest I could find which ticked all the must have boxes was the Lunar Quasar. I considered it good value for the money at

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts