Lunar venus rear grab handles!

Jan 29, 2024
Visit site
Hi , please can anyone help . I have removed the nuts and washers inside the shower cabinet and beside the toilet, but still can't remove the grab handles from outside . I am repairing the bathroom and need to remove the handles .

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I suspect its probably an adhesive rather than sealant. The handles are there so you can manhandle a tonne and a bit of caravan around using them :oops:, so tje weedy screws/bolts that are used would pull out without the added assistance of an adhesive.

Reactions: toad a caravan
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Try using a thin bit of wire to "saw" through the adhesive behind the handles (a bit like using cheese wire) to cut through the bond, don't be tempted to lever them away as it might damage the panel. I use a length of MIG welding wire for this but a thin strand taken from a length of stranded wire will also do the job, as will possibly fishing line etc.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I must admit the front moving handles on our Coachman do not look strong enough to man/ woman handle the van but with 10mm boots and large penny washers , it all works.
Good luck with the repairs

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Mine were 6mm threaded bar rusted down to 2mm to 3mm ..replaced with stainless steel... considering what they are used for I'm surprised that a larger size wasn't used originally.👌

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the studs were threaded into Brass inserts, into the handles. The weakest point were the rubber washers on the outside, I replaced them with nylon washers and a seal of silicon.

Reactions: toad a caravan
Jan 29, 2024
Visit site
HI, eventually got the rear grab handles removed . You have to remove the rear light / bumper panel . This is because the threaded bar that screws into the handles is held inside the panel with two nuts locked up together . What I found behind the panel was another chapter of this horror story . Details are on my Lunars poor design post .
Thanks again to all those who offered help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts