Lutz and the UK tour

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz if you pick this message up, why not give us a few updates on where you are, how you are getting on, any problems etc?

Roy.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Will do. We're in Essex today. Where we go to next depends a bit on the weather forecast. If it's not too good we'll spend a couple of days in London because there's always something to do there whatever the weather. Otherwise, we'll thinking about heading in the general direction of Lincolnshire for starters. Anyway, we'll keep you posted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz,

If you post your itinerary us mortals can come and stand on the side of the road and wave as you progress by.

Have a good one.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Will do. We're in Essex today. Where we go to next depends a bit on the weather forecast. If it's not too good we'll spend a couple of days in London because there's always something to do there whatever the weather. Otherwise, we'll thinking about heading in the general direction of Lincolnshire for starters. Anyway, we'll keep you posted.
Hi Lutz

I was in Notts yesterday morning and Lincolnshire yesterday afternoon (helping clip a couple of horses). It was the most glorious spring day, it was a pleasure to be outside.

Today though in Notts, it's drizzle.

Have a safe journey where ever you go.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz the throwing of rotten tomatoes is purely an English tradition. The Welsh, Scottish and Irish would make you welcome with open arms. The only snag is coming from Europ one generally has to pass through England before reaching a true Celtic welcome. Good luck on your tour of the UK.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz the throwing of rotten tomatoes is purely an English tradition. The Welsh, Scottish and Irish would make you welcome with open arms. The only snag is coming from Europ one generally has to pass through England before reaching a true Celtic welcome. Good luck on your tour of the UK.
Should be Europe before I'm pulled up on my spelling

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Don't know quite why you should throw old tomatoes but if it's your way of greeting someone.
It has nothing to do with you being able to tour the UK while I sit here looking at 2 19" screens and now and then, looking out of the window.

HONEST

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We like to see ourselves as a safety barrier Colin. People that come from afar and do not realise the perils that lay ahead thank us, for not letting them stray too far into the wilderness.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We like to see ourselves as a safety barrier Colin. People that come from afar and do not realise the perils that lay ahead thank us, for not letting them stray too far into the wilderness.
Some get through though if they're wearing sheepskins.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We're in York at the moment. Had a spot of trouble trying to find a site this weekend because of the school half term holidays. Everything was booked out and we had to go out of town on a CL site. Next destination will probably be Chester. Sorry for the telegram style of this message but time is running out on the internet terminal here in the public library.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We got really bogged down on the CL site after a wet weekend near York. While setting up, we touched a particularly unfavourably wet corner of the field. The caravan was nearly axle deep in mud and had to be pulled out more like a skid than on its wheels. Having only just managed to extracate ourselves unaided, we have now arrived at the luxury of a hard-standing pitch at Chester Fairoaks and plan to stay at least until Wednesday.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Lutz, welcome to British Camping!

You maybe carrying wine, but we are famous for water!

Be it wet weather, wet field or water like beer we really do water well ;-)

Enjoy :-0

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
just a thought if someone gives a phone number for a main contact who is able to answer most of the time then Lutz could ring in.

The contact can then do the postings of his tour and if Lutz gets stuck we can help him out.

Has to be easier to make a call than keep finding internet places.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, but the weather's no worse than back home (small consolation). We've decided to stay on here at Chester for another couple of nights until Friday. At least it was nice and sunny today, even if very blustery and cold.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Yes, but the weather's no worse than back home (small consolation). We've decided to stay on here at Chester for another couple of nights until Friday. At least it was nice and sunny today, even if very blustery and cold.
Good move Lutz keep to the west for the next few days

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Duty calls. I've got to interrupt my tour because I've been called back home on business. We're going to leave car and caravan with friends and fly back tomorrow but I promise I'll return to England well in time for the Easter meet. (The wine is in safekeeping in the meantime.)

What have I learned so far from our trip?

1. Our gas is running low because we needed more than expected for heating and I can't get a refill because both fittings and bottles are different over here (shame they aren't standardised throughout Europe). But if I restrict gas usage to cooking only and rely on electric heating, I should be able to get by until after Easter.

2. I was amazed how many people run their cars warm on idle on cold mornings over here. On the Continent they take a very dim view of such practice as it's neither good for exhaust emissions nor for the catalytic converter.

3. The much more widespread use of 4x4's for towing in the UK. My wife remarked about it and she's not the slightest bit interested in cars, so it must be really noticeable for her to mention it.

4. Despite the cold weather, it's generally been nicer here than back home where everything is absolutely chaotic at the moment under a deep blanket of snow. At least we've had a reasonable amount of sunny days even if it was a bit blowy on occasions.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Duty calls. I've got to interrupt my tour because I've been called back home on business. We're going to leave car and caravan with friends and fly back tomorrow but I promise I'll return to England well in time for the Easter meet. (The wine is in safekeeping in the meantime.)

1. Our gas is running low because we needed more than expected for heating and I can't get a refill because both fittings and bottles are different over here (shame they aren't standardised throughout Europe). But if I restrict gas usage to cooking only and rely on electric heating, I should be able to get by until after Easter.

2. I was amazed how many people run their cars warm on idle on cold mornings over here. On the Continent they take a very dim view of such practice as it's neither good for exhaust emissions nor for the catalytic converter.

3. The much more widespread use of 4x4's for towing in the UK. My wife remarked about it and she's not the slightest bit interested in cars, so it must be really noticeable for her to mention it.

4. Despite the cold weather, it's generally been nicer here than back home where everything is absolutely chaotic at the moment under a deep blanket of snow. At least we've had a reasonable amount of sunny days even if it was a bit blowy on occasions.
Have a good flight Lutz, but I must pick you up on one thing, the fittings are different over there, not over here!

As for leaving cars to idle on a cold morning, we do it for safety reasons (and perhaps a little comfort), we don't want the screen misting up as soon as we start driving off. What does the rest of Europe do to ensure the screen wont mist up?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Oh, and pick up a couple of fancy dress costumes while your at it!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Yes, Lutz, don't forgt to get a couple of good fancy dress outfits.

As a some driving accidents are caused due to poor vision (ice on windows, misting sometimes), the fire service sometimes gives out free car window scrapers.

Apologies for any typing errors, got three phones going off simultaneously, but not one call will be for me I bet).

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts