Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone taken their caravan to Luxembourg? If so what did you think? We're taking the Hull - Rotterdam ferry at Easter and considering driving down to Luxembourg.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We've only used Luxembourg as a stopover between Germany and the Channel but it's got quite a lot going for it as it's centrally located for excursions along the Moselle, etc.

Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi helen,

My family enjoyed a fabulous 2 weeks in Luxembourg two years ago. We stayed at Gravenmacher at the southern end not far from Trier in Germany.

We struggled to find many others that had spent time here and we saw very few Brits right through the holiday. We enjoyed good food, superb cheap beers and wines and the cheapest fuel in Europe.

The welcome at the site was questionable, but after a short while we won 'Eva Braun' over and we became good friends by ensuring that we bought plenty of beer at 'Eva's' bar, but the site was very convenient for the town and for the superb trip (cruise)up the Moselle.

We visited Bastogne in southern Belgium (Battle of the Bulge/Band of Brothers and all that - the village of Foy and the Bois Jaques still bear the scars and the foxholes remain visible on the edge of the woods).

Sorry to go on but as you can see, we really had a good time and will definitely return one day.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Helen

Have a look at www.camp-kockelscheuer.lu which is about 6 miles or so south of Luxembourg city, busses into the city about ten mins. walk away. open air snackbar (albeit with limited menu) and upmarket restaurant in sports complex next door. Mini market on site, discount for C.C.I. card holders, childrens play area, clean facilities, not far from E25 main route. We stayed there for a few days two years running on our way to and from Alsace and have 5 nights booked in July next.

Mike E

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
A quick Google came up with http://www.luxembourg.co.uk/camping.html which is an alphabetical list of Luxembourg campsites. Also gives lots of useful links and the facility to download a comprehensive site directory (.pdf file). Enjoy!

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Helen

The link that Keith has found which shows all the camp sites in Luxembourg should be really useful to you.

We love Luxembourg and wish we could spend more time there. It is a wonderful friendly country with spectacular views and country side and also very cheap. It makes me very envious that we are only going to Belgium this year at Easter for our rally although we will have approx 10 freinds coming from Luxembourg.

We go to the area around Viandon as I love the Castle and river there and small town. The other places aroug Viandon are Diekirch, Ettelbruck and Heiderscheid. We have taken the train into Luxembourg Town itself and had a fantastic time walking all around it.

The camp site we go to is rather out of the way as it is used by our Luxembourg friends to store their caravans on their own piece of land. Although on the river side and a lovely spot there are not very many facilities.

I would recommend that you try the camp site more central to the smaller towns where you can get to all facilities more readily.

Have a lovely holiday and I hope that you manage to find a camp site that works out well for you. Joyce

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
We've also stayed in Luxembourg near Vaindon and as Joyce says the castle is well worth a visit. We went on a day when they had a craft fair which was also excellent. One of the other memorable moments was eating on a bistro terrace opposite the Royal Palace. It cost us about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts